LC: Portsmouth a QF Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

Pompey OS says this:

Tickets for Pompey’s Carling Cup quarter-final clash with Aston Villa at Fratton Park will cost £20 for adults, £10 for seniors and £5 for juniors.

Seats are also priced at £10 for young people (17-21) and students with a valid NUS card.

The match will be played in the week beginning November 30 but the date and kick-off time have yet to be finalised.

Tickets are on sale exclusively to season ticket holders between Monday, November 9 and Friday, November 13.

There is also an exclusive window for members between Monday, November 16 and Tuesday, November 17. Seats go on general sale from Wednesday, November 18.

Season ticket holders and members who buy tickets in their exclusive window will have the match loaded onto their cards, otherwise they will receive paper tickets.

Please note that the Apollo Stand (Milton end) will not be open to Pompey fans for this match.

Tickets can be purchased by calling 0844 847 1898 (option one), online here or in person at the club's ticket office in Rodney Road.

Pompey saw off Hereford United (4-1), Carlisle United (3-1) and Stoke City (4-0) to reach the last eight, while Aston Villa have beaten Cardiff (1-0) and Sunderland on penalties.

Carling Cup quarter-final draw:

Blackburn Rovers v Chelsea

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

POMPEY v Aston Villa

Manchester City v Arsenal

Link

Looking on the trainline it looks as though a train to the game is imposible to get back on ! Any ideas, im asuming the coach doeasnt get there early enough to take in some local pubs ? How early did the coaches get to Sunderland in the last round ? Sadly it might have to be a drive and not drink to this one !

Looking on the trainline it looks as though a train to the game is imposible to get back on ! Any ideas, im asuming the coach doeasnt get there early enough to take in some local pubs ? How early did the coaches get to Sunderland in the last round ? Sadly it might have to be a drive and not drink to this one !

Book a hotel and drive back in the morning. Try the Etap. Cheap as chips.

• 2 weeks later...

The Good companion does usually have lots of away fans, never drank there with Villa though, possibly a good option if arriving by car. Right next to ground near away end is Shepherds crook (Goldsmith av), i have drank in their with Villa, been fine not sure it always is though.

Other options just down the road (milton road) are Travellers joy which was rocking a couple of years back.

I think the other one i went to last season was Brewers arms, wasn't that lively but friendly enough (although there wasn't 3000 Villa in town then). The one to keep away from on that road is the Milton Arms as its definately not away friendly. (I think i've got those the right way round)

For those that arrive early best areas to go with lots of pubs are either guildhall, gunwharf quays or Albert road. Those that are stopping its Student night at Walkabout in guildhall, so will either be a place to head for for cheap drinks and plenty of skirt or to steer away from if not your thing.

shepherds crook is where I usually go ,2 seasons ago(sat afterenoon) it was full of villa and pompey good atmosphere ,last season (midweek game) was a few villa but mostly pompey still ok atmosphere thou.I may try the good companion this time thou.Got a load of pompey mates as i live down here and they say good companion is a good away fans pub!!