Demon Souls / Dark Souls

AshVilla

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks for the detailed reply. Appreciate it.

It sounds very similar to 1 and 2 so hopefully I'll be ok.

It's definitely doable. Considerably more grind than 1 though. I ended up doing a bit of multiplayer to get some of the Moundmakers items as the drop rate on those started to **** me off, but it's absolutely possible to get the needed stuff without it. Just requires a lot of grinding. Queue up some podcasts or very long albums...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I'm taking the plunge and getting DS2 remastered.    It's £13 in the store.

Although considered by many in the Soulsborne community to be the 'Red Headed Stepchild' of the series, it's still a **** belter of a game.

It has the best PvP and easily the best variety of builds/weapons in the series. It's also the only Soulsborne game to have a limit on respawning enemies. It was a huge point of discussion/arguments when the game came out, but I came to appreciate it during some of the more difficult boss runs. 

The DLC is brilliant too (even better than the main game imo).

Let me know if you need any pointers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dubbs

If I could give you one starting tip it would be about where to put your early stat points.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are going for a Strength build then prioritise STR and DEX (until you can use your chosen weapon) and then put a fair amount into ADAPTABILITY. Then spread points between STR/DEX/END/VIG

If you are going for a Magic build then prioritise INT and ATN and then put a fair amount into ADAPTABILITY. Then spread points between INT/ATN/END/VIG

Do not ignore ADAPTABILITY as it = I(invincibility) frames when rolling/dodging. Stick some points in it until your Agility hits 100 at which point you can leave it.

I would also recommend getting a basic bow asap as I cannot overstate their usefulness in Souls games.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2020 at 12:53, Designer1 said:

Its Beautiful Reaction GIF

Watched this yesterday and it does look great, but the cynic in me cant help but wonder if it is actual gameplay or if it’s pre-rendered.

The lack of HUD obviously doesn’t really mean anything, and if it is pre-rendered then they’ve done a great job, but it just doesn’t look quite like actual gameplay to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading it loads from the console home screen to game play in 20 seconds.  Wasn't bloodborne well over a minute?

On a side note,  the place my gf works at gives employees a 20% next week so potentially could pick this up for £54 which is a bit more palatable. 

Edited by dubbs

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

And if you take off the armour you move / roll quicker. 

Just keep your eye on your equip load. There are essentially three rolling settings. It's a trade off for wearing heavy armour.

There is a ring that you can get quite early on (basically the Demons Souls version of Havels Ring) which massively helps with equip load.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

Â