Demon Souls / Dark Souls

AshVilla

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm not sure it does - at least, I can't find a mention of it online 🙁

I think it might have been because I did it on Old Monk - if you are summoned to kill that boss and it's a summoned player as the boss that counts as a black phantom kill.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's really, really shit.

Killed three specific Black Phantom NPC's - took ages preparing, getting the world to Black etc - only to find out (after) that you can't kill them with poison mist...

It's irritating as I'm two rings away from the Plat.

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Killed three specific Black Phantom NPC's - took ages preparing, getting the world to Black etc - only to find out (after) that you can't kill them with poison mist...

It's irritating as I'm two rings away from the Plat.

Yep.

Doesn't count if you get them to suicide either, as I discovered when one dodged off a cliff to it's death.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yep.

Doesn't count if you get them to suicide either, as I discovered when one dodged off a cliff to it's death.

Actually tempted to make a 'Ring run' character now and make that its only aim.

9 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Actually tempted to make a 'Ring run' character now and make that its only aim.

Pretty much what I've done with the Mage run. A build to get all the spells. Got the miracles, got the rings. Need to just get back into the flow of it.

• Like 1

Islands Edge is making me slightly dislike this game.   Those **** rolling robots and flying manta rays. I thought the thief ring was supposed to reduce the aggro range but the rays don't seem to get that.   And those rolling robots are a joke, especially the ones with the huge cleavers.  Taking 70% of your stamina with one hit?? What are you supposed to do. 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Islands Edge is making me slightly dislike this game.   Those **** rolling robots and flying manta rays. I thought the thief ring was supposed to reduce the aggro range but the rays don't seem to get that.   And those rolling robots are a joke, especially the ones with the huge cleavers.  Taking 70% of your stamina with one hit?? What are you supposed to do. 

Use a blunt weapon or magic. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm using an axe, but it's there something better to use?  Have been building for strength and endurance but clearly not enough!  Not really dabbled with anything magic wise yet.

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

In addition to this, how much Vit and stam do you have? If you are still in NG then they shouldn't be wrecking you that much? Also worth trying a shield with a hundred percent physical block.

Vit is 21 end is 22 and I'm using a heater shield which has 100% phy damage reduction. 

This game is going to be like my experience of bloodborne,  where I had to put it down for a month or two then got back into it. 

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Vit is 21 end is 22 and I'm using a heater shield which has 100% phy damage reduction. 

This game is going to be like my experience of bloodborne,  where I had to put it down for a month or two then got back into it. 

Those stats are quite low tbh. I tend to get Vit and Stam plus my main attack stat (str/mag) to 30 and then go from there. You'll have a solid spread and can handle most enemy types in the first area of each Archstone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Those stats are quite low tbh. I tend to get Vit and Stam plus my main attack stat (str/mag) to 30 and then go from there. You'll have a solid spread and can handle most enemy types in the first area of each Archstone.

Ok so I'll try and farm for a bit and get them raised.  

One other thing is what I do with the souls of the bosses I've defeated.   I'm sure I'm supposed to keep them because you can you them to obtain or upgrade weapons and kit can't you?

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Ok so I'll try and farm for a bit and get them raised.  

One other thing is what I do with the souls of the bosses I've defeated.   I'm sure I'm supposed to keep them because you can you them to obtain or upgrade weapons and kit can't you?

Yes, definitely keep them! They are used to create the most powerful weapons and spells in the game.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

I'm gonna have a crack at a No Death run soon. When I did my run for the Ring trophy the character I used only died twice so I reckon with a bit of concentration I could do it.

I'll never be good enough for a No Hit run so it'll be the next best thing.

• Shocked 1

That's it I'm done with it for now.  Incredibly frustrating and for anyone who says you only die because of something you've done i say bullshit.  Some of the camera angles in tight corridors are ridiculous. 

Ok my better half convinced me to have another go at this.   Couple of times I died but quit immediately.   Managed to reload at my last save.   The last red eye robot kept killing me so did it again and ran passed him.  Opened the fog gate, killed the boss.  Then the red bastard came through the gate and I thought im screwed.   But he decided to act like an idiot so I was able to kill him with my bow.  Now at a fantastic farming spot to level up. @Designer1 - thanks for the tip about leveling up too.

• Like 1

Â