PL: Everton a Travel & Social

cahyvilla

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any. limpid

Seems another sly allocation 1800, i'd of thought we could sell 3000 for this, as its on a 3pm sat for the first time in ages..

I might be out of date but the rules used to work like this:

For Premier League games the visiting club is entitled to a minimum of 10% of the capacity of the stadium the match is being played in, or 3000 tickets (whichever is the smaller number) Its usually 3000 as most clubs in the Premier League have grounds bigger than 30,000 seats.

Of those 3000 tickets the visiting club is entitled to 1500 on a sale or return basis, or if they want the full 3000 then they must buy them all.

Numbers will be a few hundred out (ie, 1800 instead of 1500) for segregation reasons. Not all away ends are designed perfectly for 3000 fans. For example, the blocks of seats might split into 1800 and 1200.

These rules were definitely in place a few seasons ago. There was a thread about it on the official forums with links to the places where the rules were written down. So its almost certainly down to Aston Villa why we arent taking 3000 fans to Goodison. The game is still at good five weeks away though, isnt it? I would assume that the allocation isnt set in stone yet.

I posted this in the Everton tickets thread the other day.

Our resident Evertonian tells me that this season Everton are only releasing the smaller allocation of 1,800 for the lower tier initially and this has to be sold out before they'll give the second lot in the upper tier. Also the initial 1,800 need to be sold out a week before the game, otherwise the upper tier seats will be sold to home fans.

Could anyone please advise me on a boozer for this game..? Friends have told me to stay in the city prior to kick off and then make my way to the ground for kick off...

Any useful advice would be appreciated..

There's loadsa pubs round the ground and the are all away friendly, least friendly is probably the Oak, but as long as you ain't looking for trouble you will be sound anywhere.

I know a lot of groups of away fans, Villa in particular, go to the Arkles by Anfield.

• 2 weeks later...

A few seasons ago I went for pre match beers in a pub close to Goodison on Walton Lane. After looking at Google maps I think it is the pub on the corner of Walton Lane and Tetlow Street. I also remember the bus stopped almost outside of it.

Does anyone know the name of this pub…? Also can anyone confirm if it’s still running…?

Thanks in advance.

A few seasons ago I went for pre match beers in a pub close to Goodison on Walton Lane. After looking at Google maps I think it is the pub on the corner of Walton Lane and Tetlow Street. I also remember the bus stopped almost outside of it.

Does anyone know the name of this pub…? Also can anyone confirm if it’s still running…?

Thanks in advance.

That's the Abbey, I think. Don't know Tetlow Street though, but the Abbey is definitely on Walton Lane, just down from the Club Megastore, if that is the one you mean?

Still open, aye.

• 2 weeks later...
How far away is the ground from Liverpool Lime Street train station?

How much is it in a taxi?

It's about 2 miles. Costs like a fiver in a taxi.

Or you could get the train/soccerbus (ask for a ticket to Goodison park) and get off at Sandhills station, get on the bus takes you to the ground. Or get the train to Kirkdale and walk the rest. Or get the bus (19,20,21) from town will cost like a quid.

How far away is the ground from Liverpool Lime Street train station?

How much is it in a taxi?

it's about a fiver in a bomber, from the centre, or a couple of quid on the bus, which you can get 2 mins walk from Lime Street. Pubs are better in the centre, depending on what you want from a boozer.

Rev's right about the ticketing rules, I guess the club would say that with 4 away games in 2 weeks, 3000 would be a stretch and they'd lose money on it if we took the whole batch. But the subject of ticketing rules etc. is a whole can of worms for me at least. I don't think the rules are right, but there you go...or the prices.

Anyone else on the 9.03 from new street? Im in row J in the ground does anyone have any idea what the view will be like from there. Cheers.

WIPE THAT SNOT OFF THE END OF YOUR NOSE!

yes im on that train. what pub is eveyone heading to?

DONT LET EM SAY YOU ENT BEAUTIFUUULL

Anyone else on the 9.03 from new street? Im in row J in the ground does anyone have any idea what the view will be like from there. Cheers.

There's an Everton fan in my office and his words were simply "the view will be crap". I'm in row A I think.