World of Warcraft

The_Rev

You seriously gotta check this link out. Cant remember last time i laughed so hard at a forum link, some of it is **** brilliant.

The improved Priest talents:

Clicky

Lightwell :lol:

Improved Lightwell :crylaugh:

Improved Shadowform? :lol:

Pain Supression :lol:

Improved Mind Soothe :lol:

Absolutely. But i do like the fact that they portray Locks as only having one talent tree with all the high end moves at the bottom and all about three times as powerful as they actually are in reality.

You have to play the class and read the class forums, especially the OS ones, to get the most out of it. Cant say i found the lock one even close to as amusing as a the priest one, but i guess its down to what class you play.

Aye. The best thing about the Lock one is the common misconception amongst others that we do have all five pets summoned at the same time, and are soul link specced with conflagrate.

Ive just played an hour or so of Warcraft III. The cut scenes are great. Just completed the start of the Orc campaign and now the game has kicked me over to the Alliance and Human campaign. Took control of a guy who was talking to the Paladin fella who is in that mausoleum near our fave ganking spot, Chillwind Camp. First cut scene was in a palace that looked oddly familiar. In a throne room with loads of royals talking shit. The floor had an ornate mosaic on it. Front door to Undercity anyone?

Might see how much of Warcraft III i can play just to get the cut scenes unlocked as they all seem to fit in with the shit that leads up to World of Warcraft. Looking like a fiver well spent. :)

This sounds like stating the obvious to the point of stupidity, but Warcraft III really does feel like the same world as WoW. Im recognising lots of things already. Its a completely different game in playstyle, but still so familiar. A couple of screenshots from the early adventures. Here the Alliance outnumber some Horde to death. Like i said, different but the same. ;)

alliance101ftwsj9.th.jpg

And this is pretty groovy. Ive got control of a Paladin and a Mage plus some regular grunts. My Mage has the "new" 41 point frost talent already. Summon Water Elemental.

Wonder if any Locks will turn up to banish it and laugh?

41frostalreadyqw6.th.jpg

What kinda add0ns are nice these days if you needed a total rewamp? Ive looked at the OS but didnt get clever tbh. Is it pretty much the same style as before? Are you using DAB? Spotted something called bongo or something with a shapeshift form button for shadowpriests, tried that?

Quoting myself ftw. UI has all completely changed since the patch. You should probably delete your entire folder, and your WTF folder and start again. Im quite impressed with all this ACE2 crap.

As for UI? Well, im very impressed by all this Ace2 stuff. Id seriously consider downloading this premade one as it has fuckloads of really useful things that you wont find anywhere else and its low memory usage because its all designed to work from the central hub that is Ace2. When its up and running just remove shit you dont like and add stuff you do. The Fubar that comes with it shits on Titan from a great height in my humble opinion. Little things like Capping are awesome for PvP. A nice cooldown counter sits on your bars and just puts a number up on the time remaining on a cooldown. Always good.

Ouside of that, Bongos is fantastic. So easy to configure, all drag and drop then mouseover each spell and press the hotkey for a bind. You can have it up and running in 2 minutes. . I love X-Perl unit frames too. Easily the best ive seen on the game so far.

As for spec? Go PvP, spend a bit of time in AV. Get the rank 12 and 13 armour. Its stupidly easy to get. You get honour for healing now days, so the heal classes arent getting **** over and Shadowpriests just arent that scary any more either. Dunno why, they didnt really get nerfed. Its AV weekend now so you can probably grind the honour to get two or three bits of armour before the bonus runs out if you really go for it. You may need tokens from other battlegrounds to go with the honour, but tokens are extremely easy to get. Ive got two PvP epic mounts (Raptor and Kodo) just to dump the number of tokens i had because i was carrying too many. I think most of us have filled in the gaps of the gear we never got in the last week or two. Some seriously nice DPS gear for levelling in the expansion if all your current good gear is healing. Oh, and just wait until you encounter a Paladin in PvP. Those boys got buffed.

Ace2 is just a thing which makes other mods work.

The theory behind it is that a lot of mods share a lot of the same code. So say if you have 10 mods which all need the same bit of code installed to make the thing compatable with the game in the first place, do you put that bit of code in 10 times, or just once? If you put it in once and tell every other mod just to read from the one place it exists, you should get a smoother time as the thing is using less memory.

Oh, and Ace2 has an answer to Titan Panel called Fubar. Its a lot better in my opinion.

Mine:

052627rv6.th.jpg

I got the new version of opium today and was pleased to see it remembered all my previous encounters, I also managed to get a database for lootlink of 39000 items so I can find ANY item now. The minimap thing hasn't been updated for patch 2.0 yet though, so still got a messy map :(

Mine at its absolute busiest, and at its quietest:

uiftwar5.th.jpguiftw2le3.th.jpg

1]In a raid, in combat, with aggro, while flags are being capped in PvP.

2]Outside Orgrimmar on a mount, talking on Vent (hence the little yellow speaker in my Unit Frame/Cast bar)

found this for the minimap thing. Im not using it, my square minimap (squeex) is so pretty :) but it could be useful.

Anyway, everyone else who has changed their UI from standard, get posting!

PvP set stats comparison re our chat Trl: (source)

Priest Set (6 pieces):

Armour: 898 Intellect:128 Spirit:0 Stamina:154 Spellpower:192 (23 set bonus) Mp5:12 Crit: 0

Lock Set: (6 pieces)

Armour: 738 Intellect:109 Spirit:0 Stamina:154 Spellpower: 205 (23 set bonus) Mp5: 0 Crit: 0

The Priest set seems excellent, doesnt it? Especially as it doesnt suffer from the lack of mana that the blue PvP set has. When you consider that there are only 6 pieces in the set, you probably have a mana pool similar to T1 piece by piece.

With all this talk of UI's, here is mine

Ive removed Necrosis. Ive not bothered including my WTF folder as its configured for my resolution on screen (if that matters) and it would mean changing all names from me to you as well. And i doubt anyone is that interested 8)

Â