World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Oddly I have the exact opposite opinion. I love the mobility of the Mage, and quite frankly, playing a class that doesnt have portals? **** that.

The portal skills were pointless when you could just HS to Shattrath or Dalaran and teleport from there.

Once an hour. ;)

Oddly I have the exact opposite opinion. I love the mobility of the Mage, and quite frankly, playing a class that doesnt have portals? **** that.

The portal skills were pointless when you could just HS to Shattrath or Dalaran and teleport from there.

Once an hour. ;)

Five times an hour. ;)

Once an hour. ;)

Five times an hour. ;)

HS has 30 mins cooldown, twice an hour ;)

Wow, things got changed. I still love portals though, they always take you to the Mage trainer, you can have your HS in the zone you are questing in which means your return trip is much faster.

You probably started playing too late to realise the horrors of a portal to Darnassas Lau. Horde dont really have an equivalent, though putting a portal up in AV and yelling "HELP ME SUMMON!" was always good for a larf.

Its when you put a Portal up at the end of an instance and everybody in your group clicks on it without looking. They find themselves in Darnassus, which is way out of the way. You chuckle to yourself and head back to somewhere more central.

Summoning people off the edge of cliffs so they would fall to their death or deep underwater so they would drown was also much fun. They patched that so it became almost impossible though.

I did it loads. The experimenting I did with how to grief with the infernal was long and extensive as if you just summoned him then released him from being enslaved, he would just try to kill you or run off. I had a sticky on how to get him to attack other people the EU forums at one point.

The best thing you could do, and this was for Horde, was stand at the Crossroads and offer to boost people in Wailing Caverns. I assume that Deadmines is the Alliance equivalent, but the XR and The Barrens was teeming with suckers 24/7 so you could always catch plenty. When you have your group, summon the Infernal. Banish it, run a reasonable distance away, lifetap to 1% then hellfire for a durability free death. This would reduce the infernals aggro on you to zero and he would turn to people in your party next. The graveyard is about 10 seconds away from the XR, so you could be back in time to watch him slaughter everybody to death. If you left the party and they all stayed in it, he would continue to batter them until everybody was dead at the same time. If other level 20 players attacked him, which they usually would, then he would kill them too. :twisted:

My favourite ever griefing trick was ghostwolfing around the dwarf starting point, where the L1 newbies had to kill L1 and L2 wolves. The amount of times they’d attack me by mistake made for lots of fun. This worked better back in the day before the days of alts.

Blizzard quite often patched the fun things out though. The proc on my mace Hand of Edward the Odd used to be great, it basically made the next spell you cast instant, so when it procced I could instantly HS. I’d attack an enemy player in a neutral town, agro the guards, then while the ally was stood laughing at me, I’d pray for a proc and HS back to Orgri.

The sentry totem used to be good fun as well. You could drop it, leap off somewhere high and switch to sentry totem, and be suspended in mid air, which was great for attacking allies. They soon put a stop to that as well.

Summoning people off the edge of cliffs so they would fall to their death or deep underwater so they would drown was also much fun. They patched that so it became almost impossible though.

One of my first run-ins with a 70 (gasp) Horde was on a boat at Menethil. He mind controlled me to walk off the boat into the water. He let me live, and I liked him for both reasons. Funny stuff.

Being mind controlled was possibly the worst thing in the game. At least being feared meant that you couldn’t fall off a ledge or anything. One of the favourite tricks for a while was people MCing the opposite faction on their way to BWL into the lava.

I used to jump off that ledge all the time, it was such a good time-saver.

Yep, but then you could judge it yourself to end up by the ledge. Allies weren't usually so thoughtful!

Â