World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Though the swine flu outbreak is almost worth subbing again for (though I still need to give away my hundreds of fish and prance about in my Judgement set in Northshire before calling it quits for good)

Do what I did. Buy a level 1 shirt from old hillsbrad, kit your character out in it. Log him out in the place he first spawned.

Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magic from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them its powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters.

The Warlock is a more involved class to play. Warlocks have pets, many different spell combos, and a reagent component requirement for some of their spells. This means that it will take a bit more learning than some of the more straightforward classes. The Warlock has a lot of very cool and fun abilities including Eye of Kilrogg, Fear, Pets, and more. The Warlock is a very fun class to play once you figure things out.

Indeed we are. Observe this screenshot:

missedzep8hf.jpg

Hahahahahaha!!!

For some reason I wondered what the 1337th post in this thread was.

This is on the page of post #1337. :)

Was just reading the first few pages of this thread, you lot seemed to have a helluva time getting started on this game!

I used to play with a good bunch from school but most of them have quit now and some others are still into raiding (which I cba with now), so now I only play with people ive never met, which is a bit wierd but no less fun!

One thing I do wish, is that Blizzard would eitehr A, make some Vanilla WoW realms, I was in a level 60 twink guild for a while last year, and it honestly was the mostt fun ive ever had playing the game, doing AV and the old instances, and the banter on vent with a bunch of scots or B, make some realms where noone can xfer to for the first few months, and in order to play there you need to start from scratch. It would make leveling a new toon all the more desirable, as I really cba with having to quest on my own :(

Thats nearly as old as this thread Jay!

(though it is absolutely fantastic, and it does seem to have been updated since I last saw it)

I have a level 46-odd Drenai Mage, which I have neglected for about 6 months. I have renewed my game time and I'm going back online to attempt to pick up where I left off. But I've forgotten really what's going on. I also used to have a quest partner, so I never really played alone.

Any tips / recommendations for picking up where I left off and going it alone?

I would advise to come over to my realm, as my level 50 lock was in need of a leveling buddy, but I've just quit (again).

I've no advise on the leveling buisness though. The only toon I ever leveled to max on my own, I did so with a bunch of mates from school. It's a very hard thing to do solo!

I have a level 46-odd Drenai Mage, which I have neglected for about 6 months. I have renewed my game time and I'm going back online to attempt to pick up where I left off. But I've forgotten really what's going on. I also used to have a quest partner, so I never really played alone.

Any tips / recommendations for picking up where I left off and going it alone?

Quest and enjoy the game. It's the best way in my opinion. Don't remember where is good around level 46. Think you should be questing in the Tanaris area, possibly moving onto Un'Goro. Then after that head to Searing Gorge (think that's the name), which is a brilliant little area to level in. You can go there about level 49-50 if I remember correctly.

Basically just quest as much as you can. Download Questhelper from Curse if you can't be bothered to figure out where to go to complete quests. It would make it a lot quicker. Plus you will have lots of rested experience so that alone should make it go fast.

My old questing buddy doesn't play anymore Nays.

Thanks for the advise Briggaman. I got to level 47 last night with a bit of grinding and enjoyed it - but I think I will install Questhelper and start to venture around. There should be PLENTY of rested XP as I was away from the game for a long time but have picked it up again since I have lost Trim to Football Manager - why WHY did I buy him that game? LOL

I hope I will re-gain my love for the game, it's not the same questing solo but can get tedious in a group so I'll go it alone. I might buy a strategy book and read up too - I never really 'learnt' anything about the game when I was group questing - being a girl I concentrated on making my Mage look good and DPS, I never concentrated on geography, history of the game, jargon etc - all the things you're talking about in this thread sound totally foreign to me and I've been playing (on and off) for 3 years with mid level characters, so I should understand by now.

I've just printed a levelling guide from 47-50 so I'll see how I get on with that over the next few levels.

Hope I enjoy levelling alone or it's uninstall time.

Might have to abuse this forum for help :-)

Those leveling guides are shoddy. You end up spending more time reading them than you do doing the quest! Those guides are mainly for people that are going to use them to level more than one char, so after the first one they use it with, they have to use the guide less and less hence saving more time.

If you really want to use them though, its best to start usign one when you reach 50, as most guides are set out starting at 20,30,40,50 etc.

What you could also do it send me 600 quid to buy a new computer, and then transefer over to Burnign Steppes, and we can get questing? :D

Well I don't know where to start to be honest.

Is it a good idea to just delete all my quest log (old quests from ALL over the place) and go to one area to start a fresh picking up quests and just doing them?

Yeah.

And in game quest helpers are the way to go. You get an in game sat nav to show you where to go.

Stick your Mage's armory link up here too Lau. I forget what her name was.

Â