World of Warcraft

The_Rev

As i told you, 3 vs 3 and 5 vs 5 is another world from 2 vs 2. Even though you are bad ass in 2 vs 2, bringing me into your 3 vs 3 is fail all the way.

Priests suck in arenas. Holy priests can be viable, but you need someone with CC and dmg which isnt dispelled. Anything is better then me.

We've met a few rogue/drood combos, and to be honest they're pretty easy to deal with.

Si just seems to cut through rogues really quickly, leaving me to heal/interrupt the druid.

Yes but you are now meeting people without a clue or with shite gear. Wait until you meet someone who has decent tactics. Wait until you are sapped, cycloned to hell and back.

You have a 1300ish rating? Wait until you suddenly get 1500 + rating and it isnt that easy. Remember that the rating decides what people you encounter.

I bet Cuddles and Dan for instance would rip you a new one.

I bet Cuddles and Dan for instance would rip you a new one.

They possibly might now, but then they're both pretty well wearing full on epics. If we get to the same sort of rating, it'll be because we've improved our gear and our tactics/play style. I trinket out of sap, then we've got hamstring/frost shock/earthbind to try and keep out of the way. I don't think they'd find it as easy as you reckon.

If any of you lot get in the 1600-1700 bracket soon we'll try and play at the same time in hope of a meet^^

Where is your 1600-1700 team?

Ewiddan and Visk = 1570?

Evildan and Cuddles = 1473?

FWIW me and Kinxer might meet you and Visk. We are around 1560 afaik. Would have been better if we didnt have to carry Tangsham :mrgreen:

Blimey, and I was expecting a few GZ from some of the people on here.

How wrong was I? :roll:

Still, if it's not downing some boss in a **** instance I suppose its shit anyway.

Ive been doing som arena with Scarab, and i knew priests got zerged fast. But its funny. If im left alone and they dont zerg me quick enough, my dots and MB + SW:D generally owns. 26% crit chance, and three times in a row i nailed the first kill within seconds by critting and doing up to 4.5 k + within 0.5 secs. Great fun.

More arena goodness last night! Drafted Mugsy into So Solid Carew, and we ended up with a 5-5 outcome. Lost the first 4 while Mugs got used to the arenas and we worked out what to do. Then won four in a row as we sheeped the DPS, then unloaded on the healer.

Oh, and nerf locks, they're just silly.

Hmmm. Just logged on to check my Arena points and I'm a bit confused tbh.

Bare in mind I had an 8-2 in 2v2 and 5-5 in 3v3 they have only gone up from 1440 to 1709.

They have gone up lots more than that when I've only been involved in a couple of wins.

Anyone any idea why?

You only get points from one team, which is why 3 teams is pointless unless you are in it for the fun.

You basically get points of your best team.

2v2 teams earn 70% of the points of a 5v5 team with the same rating.

3v3 teams earn 80% of the points of a 5v5 team with the same rating.

Arena calc.

This is the reason why i want a really good 5 vs 5 team. So much easier to get up the ladder.

X = Team Rating, Y = Arena Points

If X<1500>1500: Y =1426.79/(1+918.836*e-0.00386405*X)

A formula above. You use this to get your points, but then you have to consider wether you are punished by beeing a 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5. Then you just multiply to get your actual points.

A more not-math nerd formula.

X = Team Rating, Y = Arena Points

If X>1500: Y = 2894/(1+259*e^(-0.0025*X))

Else: Y = 0.206*X+99

So seeing that your 5 vs 5 is better ranked and you benefit more from it, thats probably your answer.

Â