World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Like PW:S
:crylaugh:

The 1400 shield that doesnt scale, which equals not even a full nuke of half an evisc?

Good comparison :crylaugh:

Half an evis? a 5 point evis is 1200 base dmg...

We have **** all mitigation against physical.

I don't buy that "we have less armour, therefore our attacks should ignore armour" theory, FFS Tarj has more armour then me and he's a clothie. So you must mean dodge then? Yes I have about 25% dodge chance, do you have 25% armour penetration? no, you have 100% armour penetration. You must mean parry then. I have 5% parry, 10% if I spend talents. So you must be thinking of warriors if you think of rogues as a class that can take physical dmage, because we can't. The only time you've ever seen a rogue not take damage is probably when he's blown his 5 min evasion cooldown.

Its something which I've really noticed in 5 mans, and has made me realise how easy this game is for casters. Take Black Morass. I'm stood fighting the minibosses and he targets someone near him and fears them, then he does a 2k aoe and im taking damage, some mobs even drop a totem that mind controls, so im **** charmed now as well, I'm getting cleaved, aoed, CCd and the mage is stood 30 yards behind me pew pewing. The mob has shitloads of armour, so my damage sucks, but the mage pew pews through whatever armour the mob has. How does my wonderful damage mitigation help me on these mobs? I have less armour then the priest, and I dodge one in 5 of its attacks if they aren't magical. What I am, is a leech on the healer, I'm being healed and then the tank probably dies.

GG

Its funny how you always seem to die less and do more damage than everyone else in a 5 man then isnt it?

Dan, you are turning into a whining bastard. Please dont, it really doesnt suit you at all.

Okey its its a full evisc and 1\3 of a backstab, with cd. Seriously comparing PW:S with anything is stupid. Its such a shite ability now we hardly use it in instances and even blue posts has agreed something should be done.

Shielding a tank in BWL with 6 k hp, shield = 1100 hp.

Shielding a tank in Arcatraz with 13-17 k hp, shield = 1400.

GG.

Its funny how you always seem to die less and do more damage than everyone else in a 5 man then isnt it?

Aggro control, magical resistances, mana... hardly a melee struggle is it?

All I responded to was this:

How about this. All casters get 5 sec. immunity and any combo points, rage used or built up is lost at use. On 1 minute cooldown, mind.

Now I can build up 5 CPs and have my finisher completely absorbed by your shield, so its kinda the same as what you said.

Dan, you are turning into a whining bastard. Please dont, it really doesnt suit you at all.

But I like whining.

Aggro control, magical resistances, mana... hardly a melee struggle is it?

The resistances just make you realise what its like for us having to CARVE THROUGH ARMOUR. ZOMG, the mob resisted some of my damage so it didn't do the amount of damage that it says on the tooltip! Welcome to our world!

I got outrolled by a Druid today on the ROGUE chest with ROGUE set bonuses because it was "leather". So I did it again and again and got it on my third try and was the only needed, so no harm done. But it was very annoying at the time.

Always been the robber myself. I make it a point to NOT party with a hunter (whenever possible), as there will be an argument over any armour that drops. Especially when it has +stam, +int and +AP as its more useful to me than the hunter... but there you go.

As for the whole melee VS caster debate - I can see both sides since a shammy does both. Yes, it sucks being in close when a boss aoe's or picks a random nearby target. Yes, it sucks being at range and struggling with resists/mana/aggro/reflection.

But I have no problem with the whole armour/magic base of the game. That's just how the game works.

Â