World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Mmm but thats how they have aranged it now Limpid, and i can see why tbh. My Gavel from CH exalted, isnt the best up to Cthun anymore, now you can get the HWL one. Made all that grinding fairly pointless too. Its TBC soon anyway, so the gear wont mean shit.

I've never really been interested in the pvp side of the game (other than ganking). I know that it had its own loot and was quite happy that I could ignore it. Now Blizzard seem to have completely screwed the balance of the game. I've been working towards my kodo for months. Nays has one from about a week's pvp.

What a joke.

Yep, but thats the way it is with all good gear right now. Im afraid to think about all my hours getting the best possible dmg gear and CH grinding. And now you can just PvP a week and have a lot better gear. But its only gonna last for a month or so, not that a big deal is it? When lvl 70 arrives we all want flying mounts anyway ;P

A mount is not just gear.

The flying mounts will only be usable in the new areas anyway.

It's not the point. They have screwed the whole rep system just for people who can spend a few hours in BGs. I don't understand why you think that the expansion will make it better.

pvp is shite.

I'm just not interested. That's not the point anyway. It would have been a real achievement for a troll to get a kodo. Now anyone with a few hours to play can have one.

Well that was more ment gear wise. I can understand you beeing pissed off for spending hours and hours on the Kodo, for Nayson to achieve the same in a fraction of the time, but a lot of people have it the same way. CH gear, people who PvP'ed a LOT for high rank gear etc. When we start grinding for lvl 70 the gear we be replaced fairly fast IMO, and there are probably several suprises hiding, even regarding mounts. Sureley the current rewards and PvP is just there to ensure people to stay online playing, and not going bored until TBC arrives?

Like Sie said earlier, it will change on it way to lvl 70 and when you get there. I still believe some classes needs buffing and nerfing, but apparantly Blizzard cant get everything done right the first time. Right now nobody has need for a holy priest in raids except the buffs, and even PW:F is one of the greatest nerfed buffs on the game this patch. We will probably become more useful at lvl 70, when you can combine the right talents, but will we be superior over the hybrids? As it stands now, no. Is this fair for a class who cant shapeshift, DPS like dps classes, wear anything but cloth and is pretty much aimed at healing domination? Like i said, it will change, or a lot will have to change. Because as it stands now, i cant see much balance.

As far as I can tell they moved all classes so that all of them can do everything. (I know they haven't got it right yet.) They are not trying to achieve balance across a group of people any more, but trying to balance class v. class. They've been moving to this since the removed class runs.

It's bloody stupid. My mage is a mage. It stands at the back and does damage. A priest is a priest. It stands at the back and heals. A warrior stands at the front and gets hurt. A rogue stands at the front and does damage. Palladins are shields. Hybrids are some combination of these. Why are Blizzard trying to change this? an d why do they need to break the rep system at the same time?

pvp is shite.

I'm just not interested. That's not the point anyway. It would have been a real achievement for a troll to get a kodo. Now anyone with a few hours to play can have one.

To be honest i agree completely. Some of the stuff does feel a bit 'cheap' now. So much that they already nerfed the honour gain.

I put up a thread about it on wowrush.com even before the nerf. It seems to me that the whole patch 2.01 wasnt intended to be like it is, but they had to do something to keep peoples interest in the game because of unexpected delays to TBC. Im sure player attendance was dropping worldwide and this was a knee jerk reaction.

But...

Its also a chance to fill in a couple of gaps in your gear. To get the mount you always wanted (and the PvP one is black. If you take the "honourable" route to one you get a choice of colours) and to try out some of the new talents before the expantion is released. You may find that you would never have finished going for a Kodo once the new stuff came out in the game and that may have been a bigger waste of your time than the current state of affairs.

When that does come out, it will be back to the good old says of small groups exploring. Making noobish mistakes. Having skirmishes with groups of alliance questing. No pressure of raid deadlines or PvP honour updates. The one thing i regret we missed was levelling together. We seemed to do it in three or four seperate groups (me, Sie and D1. Dan, TRL and Risso. You and Sam. Then Juju and Tarq were further out of that to boot) and now we wont be. Thats probably the thing im looking forward to in Outland more than anything. Just because ill be riding around on the back of a Kodo while i do it wont mean anything, will it?

I do agree with you to a degree. I still believe priests and warriors should have viable dmg spec. if they want a break. But they shouldnt have specs. which clearly is a challenge to classes specially designed for doing PvE dmg. The shadow tree is quite brilliant for PvE dmg now, and i like that. We will never knock rogues or mages off it, or even locks, but we can contribute with debuffs and steady midtable dmg. Its ok IMO.

I seriously dont think that will happen to the healing classes Nayson, unless they have a rewamp. Not a whine at all, ive just seen the math and logic when you compare paladins, druids and priests. The same way, i cant see shamans beeing all that in demand unless something quite radically is changed.

In that case, I want a healing talent for mages. Not as strong as a priest, but it's only fair.

In TBC you can go stealthed though. Thats sureley a quite nice talent!

Another amusing fact. Priests have never had any decent set-bonuses, or to be fair very few classes have had it. The 3-set t2 is the only set-bonus we cream about, and i know Naxx priests are dropping Faith to carry 3 t2 parts. The bonus gives 15% mana regen while casting. I think both shamans and druids have the same.

What they now have done, is replacing 15% mana regen with 20/5 mp5. So the class who are the SPIRIT class, or benefit most from it, recivies less spirit then druids from class gear, and their regen bonus is set to work as mp5... i wonder, i really do, but sureley they must have a meaning to this.

Unless it's changed, the mage talent is not "stealth", it's "invisibility". I'll predict now that you can't use it when in combat, or to enter combat from this state (unless attacked). I don't know why you think that blink+stealth would be good unless it broke combat. I'd give up both for a healing talent.

Â