World of Warcraft

The_Rev

See Tarj has incurred the wrath of Redemptus! To be honest, I can't be doing with his ZG runs any more. At first I could put up with his little Hitler routine as he was effective at getting raids through ZG quickly, but now he'd rather wait 30 mins while everybody has the latest 0.0000000001 version of CTRA. I don't need anything from ZG except Jin'do's Evil Eye and about 7,000 rep to get to exalted.

But I think after the past few weeks, morale in the guild has dropped a bit. I missed Grymmard's parting shots, what was all that about?

I could just quote you riss, because thats exactly how i feel and exactly what i need from ZG. When i actually stay online with this game i dont need no **** sergeant acting up at me. **** word removed

Great in game moment for me, I enter BRM, sprint ahead of the rest of the raid, and 2 alliance attack me thinking I'm an easy kill, they must have looked up, and seen 39 red names come up behind me, and thought "ah crap". I received a timely shield off someone and shack hit his "NUKE" macro. Was very sweet indeed!

Great in game moment for me, I enter BRM, sprint ahead of the rest of the raid, and 2 alliance attack me thinking I'm an easy kill, they must have looked up, and seen 39 red names come up behind me, and thought "ah crap". I received a timely shield off someone and shack hit his "NUKE" macro. Was very sweet indeed!

There may have been some innocent bystanders from the Alliance who were brutally killed in the fallout from that too. :)

aimedshadowbolt2wk0.th.jpg

You know how sometimes you two shot a Warlock in epic gear and as a result you really hope that he reads his combat log?

+487 damage in full spellpower gear. + 204 and + 187 from the two charges of the Hero Charm i used. +10% (and -75 shadow resists on the target) on the Warlock from Curse of Shadow, +10% from Shadow Mastery (priests arent the masters of shadow magic Trl! :P) and +10% from the Darkmoon Faire buff.

I give you all time record crit and non crit shadowbolts on an alliance in world PvP. Aimed shadowbolts if you like.

News from Draenor - Patchwerk down on the first night of trying!

Used 3 Major Mana Potions, 4 mana gems and Evocation to keep up the DPS for the required 7 minutes. It was absolute carnage.

Tonight we'll mop up Grobbulus - easy mode, allegedly - giving us our 8th kill in Naxxramas. Fingers crossed for a set of the spectacular-looking mage shoulders.

Well done mate. :)

Out of curiosity, how many Locks do you take to Patchwerk?

Im trying to think of a way i could keep up a full nuke for 7 mins without a dedicated healer. And im trying to think of how important those Debuff slots are.

From the harshest (to us, that is) point of view, is there really any more than a need for two Warlocks? COE and COR for the debuffs. Mages for the DPS. But then will the benefit from having a COE up be more than taking an extra Mage?

Well done mate. :)

Out of curiosity, how many Locks do you take to Patchwerk?

Im trying to think of a way i could keep up a full nuke for 7 mins without a dedicated healer. And im trying to think of how important those Debuff slots are.

From the harshest (to us, that is) point of view, is there really any more than a need for two Warlocks? COE and COR for the debuffs. Mages for the DPS. But then will the benefit from having a COE up be more than taking an extra Mage?

Our raid had 16 healers, 7 mages, 4 hunters, 3 warlocks and the remainder as melee.

The damage charts were as follows:

DPS warrior (dual-wield fury)

Rogue

Rogue

Rogue

Fire mage

Fire mage

Rogue

DPS warrior (dual-wield fury)

Frost mage (me!)

Fire mage

The top warlock - the only person in the raid who took a spellpower flask - finished in 12th, but 67 DPS behind me. He has 8/8 tier 2, various pieces of the AQ40 set, Neltharion's Tear and the AQ quest reward staff, so he's not exactly poorly geared (and is a very good 'lock) - but it seems that the class is incapable of keeping up over long periods of sustained combat due to mana issues. We couldn't really afford to heal anyone other than the tanks to allow for life tap... but then again, only the tanks will take any damage at all on Patchwerk. So you don't need to worry about your health.

I guess we could do fine with only two 'locks - CoR and CoE are the debuffs we need most, I reckon.

So that Firey bastard is a bit hard without a reliable tranq shot. Still think we'd have downed him if we'd have had a few more pots after that 16% attempt. Mana is an absolute bitch in that fight. Firstly I'm a bit gimped wearing FR gear, and secondly the second I drop Mana Tide for a bit of a recharge, out goes FR totem and my group starts taking much more damage.

I still think we've got a few members a bit short on decent BWL standard gear as well. If you think we were missing Gort and Tatonka, that's quite a handicap for a Fireycunt attempt!

We would have nailed it with enough hunters or Gort teh legedary + some more druids.

What i dont get, is people showing up without FR gear and OSC in bloody bwl.

Which boss are you talking about? Sounds like either Firemaw or Flamegor, but I can't tell which. After our first kill we still had some issues with Firemaw for a week or two, until our healers sorted out some nice positioning. Flamegor is an absolute joke boss - just make sure your hunters have a nice tranq shot rotation set up and you can forget about wearing FR gear; it's a DPS competition! Give me a yell if you think I can help at all.

We had a fun-filled evening on Draenor. We took Grobbulus down on the fourth pull after a couple of sloppy attempts and a 6% wipe. I ninja'd another server first with my new tier 3 mage shoulders; you can practically see me from orbit now... :winkold:

Not wishing to start on Gluth just yet, we set off to clear MC. We brought some alts etc, but managed to trash the place in 1 hour 59 minutes - Ragnaros died in under 2 minutes. But the best bit was that our MT got the second Windseeker Binding he needed and picked up his spangly sword; we have two of them in the guild now.

Flamegor.

The big problem we have is the groups we bring sometimes. No one wants to turn up for a boss we cant kill then when we do kill him people turn up and expect to just be able to stand there and watch everybody else kill him while they claim their epix.

We get people forgetting the FR gear and not saying anything until someone inspects them and challenges it. People not being able to connect to Vent and not saying anything until the miss a repair call. People who cant be arsed to run back to BWL after a wipe and consistantly wait there for a res, people who go without saying a word.

Now when we have our strongest group out we really are quite a good guild, and i think we can get to Chromaggus in 2 nights. Its just when we have 5-10 of the weaker players in (thats weak in terms of atitude, not gear) it really does screw the raid a bit.

The curse of the casual guild. Some people are very casual.

I ninja'd another server first with my new tier 3 mage shoulders; you can practically see me from orbit now... :winkold:

Congrats mate. Do the rogues in your guild get pissed off when another class gets loot too? ;)

How are you stacked for damage now? And no matter how well geared you are, can an Undead Soul Link Warlock with a Felhunter who is decked out in Dreadmist still take you in a duel?

Â