World of Warcraft

The_Rev

So, migration then......

On the official forum, Mist have announced that they're leaving, and I think that this could well snowball, as Surge have now announced the same, and it's possible the Dashers could follow suit, so what does everybody think.

Nays, Tarj, Dan, me, Sam, Limpid, Juju, Tarq....I really don't care what we do as long as we all stick together. I'd prefer not to migrate as I've got to know other players as well now, but the lag on Deathwing has got beyond a joke. I read that's it's to do with an old server or something, but nobody from Blizzard seems to want to post any repsonse to questions.

With the migration, is it to a completely new server? If so and all the high end guilds migrate, are you just left with all L60's until new people create characters on the new server? I suppose that's fine if you just want to PvE in BWL etc, but it could be a bit dull the rest of the time.

Thats one of my concerns, but its to a new server and to new hardware.

The amount of disconnects and lag spikes happening on Deathwing now (since patch 1.10.2 if you notice?) are starting to piss me off.

Last night during Onyxia got disconnected and died while i was out of the game.

Its happened in BWL, and in battlegrounds, and it started happening to Dan last night too.

Like i said, if everyone went, id go with them but my mates are more important to me than my guild.

The lags are not down to Deathwing as far as I understand, and it's happening on lots of other realms. I think itsm ore to do with somehting in the patch. Ive got a 2m broadband, and Im not doing much filesharing these days, but whilst I rarely get connected, In zul gurug the other night I noticed my ping was up to 3.3k !

Its got a lot worse for me, althouhg Nayson seems to be suffering far more than anyone else looking at the logging in and out on the /5 VT channel.

but if you look at the forums, andI know Nayson and Dan are regulars, and look at the technical ones rather than Deathwing, loads of people are complaining on many other realsm. I dont think migrating is the answer. Lets face it, I never see a queue anymore, and when you ocnsider when I bought the game, queues of 400+ were not uncommon.

SO the population of the server isnt at fault for the lag spikes.

A number of people have run a Trace program on their connection and theres one specific point that is a consistent problem. Im not technical enough to tell you, but theres one part of the network/path you take which is cauxsing all the problems.

Perhaps someone can look and explain it to me.

But migrating will make no difference as far as I can see.

I got 4 DCs in BWL, I was owning the mages in our corner, but after I got disconnected, a few escaped and caused trouble. I don't think there was ever a time when all the raid, or even my group, were on at the same time, no wonder we wiped.

The lag seems to be ok in the world, its just instances where I get the trouble. I have lots of friends on Deathwing, by friends I mean people that after hitting 60 I stuck on my friends list because they were reliable for PUGs, and though they since have been taken off, I always get a /wave off them in Orgrimmar. Having said that, if both WRD and TOG switched servers, then I'd definitely go too, as thats where the VT crew live.

Someone on the official forum said it was a problem with Deathwing being on a really old server or something. I think a lot of the annoyance comes down to the fact that it's impossible to get any sort of answer from Blizzard.

So, migration then......

On the official forum, Mist have announced that they're leaving, and I think that this could well snowball, as Surge have now announced the same, and it's possible the Dashers could follow suit, so what does everybody think.

Nays, Tarj, Dan, me, Sam, Limpid, Juju, Tarq....I really don't care what we do as long as we all stick together. I'd prefer not to migrate as I've got to know other players as well now, but the lag on Deathwing has got beyond a joke. I read that's it's to do with an old server or something, but nobody from Blizzard seems to want to post any repsonse to questions.

I know i am a relative latecomer to the game etc,but half the enjoyment for me is the people i play with.If there is a migration then i would want us to stick together.

uurgghh,came over all sentimental or something then..

:-)

Someone on the official forum said it was a problem with Deathwing being on a really old server or something. I think a lot of the annoyance comes down to the fact that it's impossible to get any sort of answer from Blizzard.

They have passed some kind of comment here

He has updated it strangely though, putting new posts on top of old.

With regards to us, the following is probably of most interest.

----------

updated - 17:01 CEST

A little more detailed information has become available regarding the latency and disconnection issues being experienced by players on the following realms:

# Agamaggan

# Aggramar

# Al'Akir

# Arathor

# Argent Dawn

# Aszune

# Azjol-Nerub

# Bladefist

# Bloodhoof

# Bloodscalp

# Burning Blade

# Burning Legion

# Crushridge

# Daggerspine

# Deathwing

# Doomhammer

# Draenor

# Dragonblight

# Dragonmaw

# Dunemaul

# Emerald Dream

# Sunstrider

# Twilight's Hammer

# Warsong

# Zenedar

The issue impacting players is disrupting proper TCP communications between players and their realms, which has resulted in high latency and disconnections as you are well aware.

Our ISP Telia is currently troubleshooting a problem with high CPU utilization on some of their routers connecting to Blizzard's network segment, which hosts the realms listed earlier.

At this time we have not received an ETA for a possible resolution, but we will continue to provide as much detailed information as possible when it becomes available

That was then updated with the following:

updated - 23:07 CEST

We have some new information for you.

At this moment our ISP (Telia) has sent their technical staff to the physical site in order to check up on their equipment as well as to follow up on some investigations and to verify their diagnostics of the situation. Unfortunately we have no ETA regarding when this investigation will be finished, but we will get back to you as soon as new information becomes available.

So, they said it was probably a technical fault with the server, but they didnt know what the fault was, or how long it would take to sort it.

Then the latest update is this:

resolved - 14:16 CEST

We have received news from Telia that they have deployed a definite solution to the problems that was causing high latency and disconnections.

Telia have replaced some hardware, which they believed to be faulty, and furthermore they have changed several software and network configurations in order to improve the data communication between players and the realms.

Unfortunately, there is no date with that time.

They suggest it is being fixed, and faulty hardware is being replaced, but as the original post is being edited so the date there is useless, and the updates havent been dated, does "14:16 CEST" mean half an hour ago, or does it mean yesterday, the day before, or the day before that? Cos it certainly wasnt fixed yesterday. BWL and Onyxia kinda proved that, didnt they?

I played earlier. Had great fun running around with some level 48 Rogue in Felwood doing the Furbolg quests with him and killing Alliance we met.

Lag experienced: 0

Disconnects: 1

Better, but still not acceptable.

It was shit last night in MC. Everything would be fine for a while, then everybody's latency would suddenly shoot up to 2000ish, then stabilise a while later. All the time with people being DC's in between.

Forget about migration for a second.

Awesome Trailer, especially the first 60 seconds

Remember how exciting it was when the game was new and fresh? XP, exploring new areas, new instances, talents etc. I cannot wait for the expansion, I was sceptical at first, and thought it was just going to be bolted on and **** the whole dynamic of the game up, but it seems Blizzard have been working hard on it to make it a smooth transition, maybe thats why the lag is so bad!

Anyway, speaking of videos, i just put this up on wowrush.com

After getting wtfpwned in Splintertree Post i called in the boys for help against the evil Alliance. By the time the Dashers arrived, the Alliance had turned tail and ran.

Only one thing for it, wasnt there? lets go to Astranaar!

50mb video of both elite NPC's, about 8,500 adds (ive never known of a place with so many guards as here. Seriously, there must be ten of them for every guard in Splintertree post, and they are on non existant respawn times!) and a couple of curious alliance get some.

Its only hosted here for a limited number of downloads or seven days, whichever comes first. Any reshosting would be nice.

I do think i got Wolfrunners HP wrong though. I reckon there was 51,000 to cut through, not 41,000 HP.

For the Horde! 8)

Riss, if you read all 12 dull pages of the thread, the gm actually posts to say there's an up date in the edited first post, so you can see the days of the updates.

It looks as if they appear to think they cracked the problem this morning at about 6:30 am, but as Im at work I cant verify this, does look as it its taken them 3-4 days to do so.

Â