World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I don't think there's a guild around (Except maybe PDX!) that would let that go to anyone but a mage in the first place. After that, it's surely shammy gear! ;)

I certainly would as the general concensus would be that its a PvP and MC/BWL/Onyxia staff.

So:

(57.5 damage per second)

+20 Fire Resistance

+20 Frost Resistance

Durability 120 / 120

Requires Level 56

Equip: Increases damage done by Fire spells and effects by up to 36.

Equip: Increases damage done by Frost spells and effects by up to 36.

How many mages are specced Frost/Fire? Generally its one or the other with Arcane, isnt it? So only one of the spellpower buffs would be getting its full use. I have fire spells. i use fire spells in every single fight. Warlocks have a fire based talent tree. I could use fire resist as much as anyone who can equip this and frost resist is always welcome in PvP.

Id step aside for a mate, or under guild orders. But in a completely random pickup?

Feel free.

To be honest, the chances of ever seeing it are so low it will never be an issue.

But caster itemisation is so shit on the game, and items intended for a class so rarely end up there, id just say if you can make a case for it: go for it. Everybody else is at it, so **** being honourable.

So Dan, with Nays standing a very good chance of getting into the Dashers, are you happy where you are, or would you consider a move if Dashers ever wanted more rogues?

I've thought about this, and I'm very happy in Malice, bear in mind guild stuff doesn't take over the whole game, and I can still muck around with you lot, me and Nayson **** around for about 2 hours last night.

Come Thursday I'll either be the top rogue DKPer (minus the officer who pretty much has everything anyway) with a set of Epic wrists (which have been set aside for me should I pass trial), or I'll be applying for guilds again. If the latter should happen, I think I'd put all my eggs in the Wowrush basket. If I get in, I'm staying in, its a great guild, with great people.

I got told at the start that they liked my app and they were sure I'd fit in, it was just a matter of seeing what my DPS was like, well apparently I was 4th in MC last night (thats out of 35-40) behind pwnzor epic geared rogue, pwnzor epic geared Lock and pwnzor epic geared Hunter, I can't really do much more.

BTW we kill Hakkar tonight and I'm after Warblade of the Hakkari to go with my Skinning Sword

and it seems I can skin Nefarian now! Hoho

I've thought about this, and I'm very happy in Malice, bear in mind guild stuff doesn't take over the whole game, and I can still muck around with you lot, me and Nayson **** around for about 2 hours last night.

And Dan got a bit of PvP bloodlust for the first time in a long time.

We camped a level 60 Nelf Rogue who was terrorising the XR so much that we made him stealthhearth back to ironforge. :hooray:

I've wondered about this skinning lark, with that sword Dan. If you dual wirld that and Finkle's, presumably you have skinning 325. Is there anything that you can use that to skin that you can't with 315? If so it seems pretty unfair that top end skinning is class dependent. I read somewhere that the Zulian sword was introduced to stop pallies moaning about not being able to use Finkle's, so they brought this in so that they could get to 315 too. If YOU do need the 325 for stuff like Nefarian, that sucks big time.

Okay, now I'm at 300/300 for both herbalism and alchemy, is there anything I can do to increase either? I'm guessing there must be some enchants for the herbs, but are there any alch recipies which need >300?

I don't think so Limpid, all the high end enchants just require 300 according to Thottbot. It'll be getting hold of the formulae that will be the hard part.

So loladins can't use daggers? which classes can't use swords? In fact, where can I find a list of which classes can use which weapons? It would have made sense to make Zulian main hand only, so it was that or finkle, but meh, I don't care, I can duel wield the bastards and become a lean mean skinning machine!

If you learn fire protection potions, and put them in the AH on a sunday morning, you might make quite a bit of gold.

Ive ditched skinning. Decided to go engineering (so ill be ditching tailoring for mining soon too)

Just decided i wanted a change. And a few stuns.

and this!

and/or this!

or this

but the choice of bombs and grenades that stun things is the nicest.

Dan, check here for what classes ca do what:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/class.html?x

There's no way I'd ditch skinning, it's an absolute gold mine, and so easy to get. I skin absolutely everything I see, and a decent UBRS run can easily net 20G worth of stuff (rugged leather, worn, blue, black and red dragonscale).

Once I've got my red dragonscale breast plate though, I might ditch LW for engineering, as apparently you can level it up to 300 in a few hours for a cost of about 120G. LW is making me a fair bit of cash at the moment though too, so I'm not sure.

So loladins can't use daggers? which classes can't use swords? In fact, where can I find a list of which classes can use which weapons? It would have made sense to make Zulian main hand only, so it was that or finkle, but meh, I don't care, I can duel wield the bastards and become a lean mean skinning machine!

This is what Allakhazam says. May or may not be 100% accurate.

Dr00d

Staves,

One handed Maces (with training),

Daggers (with training),

Two-handed Mace(with training)

Hunters

Axes,

Daggers,

Guns or Bows,

Crossbows (with training),

Fist Weapons (with training),

Polearms (with training),

Staves (with training),

Swords (with training),

Thrown (with training),

Two-Handed Axes (with training),

Two-Handed Swords (with training)

(quite why a ranged attacker is able to use so many melee weapons is something i dont undertstand. All it seems to achive is that the rest of us can take the piss with "HUNTER ITEM!" gags..

Mage

Staves,

Wands,

Daggers (with training),

Swords (with training)

Pussy Bubble Bastards

One- and Two-handed Maces,

One- and Two-handed Swords (with training),

Two-handed Axes

Priests

One-Handed Maces,

Daggers,

Staves,

Wands

Rogues

Daggers,

Thrown ,

Swords (with training),

Bows (with training),

Crossbows (with training)

(Guns and Fist weapons arent listed here, yet Rogues can use both, cant they?)

Shamies

One-Handed Maces,

Staves,

One-Handed Axes (with training),

Daggers (with training)

Hexenmeisters

Daggers,

Wands,

Staves (with training),

1h Swords (with training)

Warriors

Everything (except wands)

Paladins, Shamen and Warriors can also use Shields, but these are considered Armour, not weapons, meaning you cant equip/unequip in combat.

I could do with a second profession, and Engineering looks well fun, not for making money, but for using cool inventions!

and in UBRS the dragons are either not looted or ninja skinned by someone else, and when I get there its just Rugged leather, not sure about 20G per time but then you are just a money making machine rich bastard aren't you...

Im not too arsed about money now.

I cant buy any better armour than im wearing now. Anything that is better is generally BoP. Same for weapons. PvP armour needs to be bought, but its very very cheap.

I have an epic mount.

I dont need to buy healing potions as i can make healthstones (though i do carry as many of the cheap health/mana pots from the offers hall in Orgrimmar)

I dont need to buy food as can cannibalise things i kill, and i have good health regen just from being a Lock, but i try to have

I dont generally have problems getting hold of water in instances because mages are about. Outside, just a pool of 40 or so of those Argent Dawn manna biscuits is generally fine.

So as long as i make as much as i spend in a day from general looting and vendoring, i dont really ever feel the need to go chasing money now. I dont have that many things i need to spend it on. So i thought i might level up Engineering and get the cool trinkets and bombs.

And i think you could level skinning from 1-300 in next to no time at level 60 should it ever be needed again.

Yes I agree, I don't even bother looking for stuff in the AH now, everything I need is BOP, and I'm not that bothered about an epic mount. If all of a sudden I find myself with 600G, then I'll grind the rest out, but I hover around 300 ATM, with health, fire pots and poisons being all I pretty much buy.

and BTW, Rogues can use fist weapons and guns, and 1H maces.

and also, Ive just seen I've got a yellow card!

Â