World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Sure, as ive already helped Si, Nays, Dan and Sie with it :P

Is it the follow up to ursius?

Yep, well the one after the follow up actually. The hard bit is that the cat fears you, and then calls for its mate so its hard to concentrate on just the one thing. We nearly had it last night, but one more bod should make it easy.

Anyway, I've killed my first L60 mob now, so I'm quite happy!

Ill help on that if im online.

You can never have too much fear while fighting two level 60 elites at the same time!

Edit: When we did it (Me, TRL & Sie) we actually had a very good tactic. That Felhunter i have can see all the stealthed cats at the bottom, so they werent a problem, but at the top, when we summoned the cat, and sent in the Felhunter to offtank. The Felhunter has a talent called "tainted blood" which when hit, drops the attacking targets attack power by 40. This stacks 5 times. It doesnt last all that long, but its a drop in attack power by 200 when stacked. Then on with a Curse of Weakness, which drops the targets attack power by another 31. Then its time to send in the Rogue to pull aggro off the Felhunter and kick the shit out of the tiger. Warlock and Priest both drop DoTs onto the tiger, and maybe help with a bit more damage too. Priest goes onto healing duties. Then when the mate came in, i just tried to keep it with the weakness debuffs on, and under fear while Sie and TRL took out the original tiger. When the first tiger was down, swap to second tiger. Again, if heals are needed, Fear the tiger to give a breathing space. I found that we were well organised, and we managed to do it without dying once. If you get a healer and some crowd control, you should be ok. Ill help if im online.

And the bare knuckle boxing at Darkmoon Faire was very funny last night. It was something of a free for all between drunken Alliance and Horde..

I **** over two allies in Silithus yesterday. I was grinding some stuff and saw a knight leutenant, or how you type it, high ranked mofo riding by me. So what other option do i have but attack :lol:

So i killed him and laughed at his corpse. Then his hunter friend came along and i killed him too, and he was a knight bhahaaaaa

I could see they were mates, due to beeing in the same guild. So they came back after me, but not alone. A whole **** guild it seemed. I could see 10 at least, and they killed me and camped me forever.

And when i finally got away, i met a 60 warrior from the same guild, right outside the city. And i killed him too! **** brilliant.

So when i was drinking mana and resting in the City, they charged me, and i died again. Great fun :twisted:

You jest?! The Darkmoon Faire at TB! It's ace! Fire yourself out of the cannon, get shot the length of Mulgore!

Daft games, some nice rewards and all sorts. It's a fun fair, get yourself down there!

*Most satisfying moment on the game alert*

Was out grinding shards in Winterspring, for which i dont use a pet, but a talent where you kill your Voidwalker for some nice healing. A 30 minute long buff, where i get about 30 health per second ticking up, even in combat.

Use it to minimise shard grinding downtime. The Warlock thing of Stamina > Intelligence is because we turn our stamina into mana, with a spell called Life Tap. With Stamina constantly ticking up from the buff, and lifetap, you can keep yourself with full health and mana quite easily, so there is very little downtime.

Also, for a bit of fun, its quite easy to fight two things at the same time, juggling aggro with use of fear. It really can break the grind of constant same old-same old fight/drink/fight/drink/fight/drink (etc)

Anyway, im doing this on the Owlbeasts, yetis and bears in Winterspring. I like fighting the Owlbeasts and yetis, cos the Undead racial of cannibalise means more free heals and free mana. Couple that with skinnable bears, and its actually quite a fun grind. So, just killed an owlbeast, still fighting a bear, and i get a *CONCUSSIVE SHOT* and this stupid little boar comes in to try and kill me. Boar is deathcoiled, then feared while he is running off from the death coil. Then im off like a shot. The hunter (level 58, dwarf) is after me, and so is the bear. I have no mana, half health, a Polar Bear add, and as far as the hunter is concerned, no pet. How could he and his little boar not kill me?

So, i just jeep running. The health is ticking, and im lifetapping. Drop the healthstone i always carry to get back to full health, lifetap some more to get the mana back up. The add turns back to to his spawn, and its just me the Hunter and his silly little boar, who ive managed to put the Curse of Doom and Corruption on. The boar has about 4000 damage in the post, and is being chain feared while these dots are taking effect. (Seriously Bicks, whats the point in those boars? Ok, they can do a slight "boar charge" Stun effect, but they cant actually do any serious damage, can they?)

Now i dont know how to play Hunter, but ive got a couple of DoTs on him and im still running, and he is still chasing me, while my health is ticking up, and the Boar is about to explode. Seems he doesnt know how to play Hunter either, cos he isnt actually hurting me. No hunters mark on me either. I do keep getting with that viper shot which takes mana off me, Serpent Sting (which is a DoT, isnt it?) but my health really isnt going down from the voidwalker buff and the fact that he isnt really hitting me with big damage, and his mana is dropping. For some reason, he keeps spamming multi-shot (why??) and im still running. Then the curse of doom kills his boar and ive been running for so long my death coil has nearly cooled down. Oh, and my health is still ticking up. Suddenly ive got as much health as he has, a nice bit of mana, and his pet is at the great big pigsty in the sky (as opposed to the pigsty in Bordesley Green) should i turn around and chase him?

Course i **** should! Death Coil (120 second cooldown, and already used once in this fight!) is ready, so i spin around, hit him with that, and take his keyboard off him with fear.

Killing the bastard from that was a sweet sweet moment. Id actually pay **** money to have seen his face or heard what he had to say on the back of that. I really really would. He should have nailed me before i even saw where he was. Damn, killing him was the best thing ive done on WoW so far. I think its moments like that which truly seperate this game from any other.

Sounds fun Nays, reminds me when i killed my first 50+ ally in ungoro, I'd just bought a new crossbow, this mage had iced me and legged it, because I'd critted him down to little health. Whilst incased in frost, I aimed my crossbow at him, and got him just before he left the crossbow hitting zone. Crit. Dead :D

I did another UBRS today and shock horror, The Beast dropped rogue gear! Blademaster Leggings Hopefully I'll get +5 skinning today (thanks Sie) and a 80-100G drop came my way too Torch of Austen. Not a bad day at the office.

Also did UBRS: Full run. Cleared.

And yes. Oh yes oh yes oh yes. The Dreadmist robe dropped from that big bastard dragon at the end.

merank60ironforge3mn.th.jpg

To celebrate, me Sie and Dan go and do Ironforge. Screenies soon. (when i can be arsed)

Lol @ Nays, sounds like he hasnt got a clue, hitting you with a concussive shot first? Don't undertand that for starters, the way I do it is send the pet in first, as the pets about to hit, hunters mark (people that put the mark on you first are daft too - er hello advance warning of attack!!!!!), then depending upon what you are facing either concussive shot then aimed shot or straight aimed shot. then a DoT (cant remember which one tbh but the mana zapping one is USELESS it uses too much of your own mana and takes no health) then if its a single target multishot is ok as you can get some serious damage with it if all three hit the same target),then an arcane shot then comes the lull until you wait for the aimed shot cooldown, which isnt long at all after all that.

But where he really falls down is THE BOAR, in PvP there is only one pet to have still and thats the Cat it still usually gets 2 to 3 attacks in for every one you can offer despite the 1.9 nerfing. For a lvl 58 Hunter it sounds like his talent tree is messed up too. But no hunters mark is just erm laughable as is the spamming of multishot, multi shot has a cooldown and all that happens in between if its spammed is er nowt but if I fire it the once and do nothing but stand still at least autoshot keeps firing, but the idea is to use other stuff inthe cooldown

I've already told some of you about the knobby lvl 60 dwarf mage who literally gave me three HK's against him last night. He had no mates or backup of any kind. I waas in Cenarian Hold recovering from a time out in the field, plus I was in the middle of making a coffee. So I really wasnt on the ball at all and as the graveyard is seconds away a PvP death really wasnt that much of an inconvenience anyway. So inside the hold he attacks me and all I did was watch, never touched a button, the guards **** him over in seconds and I got the HK. Right OK, lvl 60 or not on his own that was pretty dumb but he just got dumber he did it again, this time he sheeped me and the cat was set to defend so that attacked him with the guards, again I never touched a button again I got the HK. Even the dumbest would have given up by now but no, he comes back a third time using a different approach again, same result tho, I never touched a button and he was **** over by the guards once more - Never did my health go below half before he was **** over. So three HK's agaisnt a lvl 60 without touching a button - well thanks :D

waitingfortram7iy.th.jpg

Sie, Dan, Me, Gelham (my imp) waiting for the train from Ironforge to Stormwind City. Oh, and the gyppo on the bench asked for spare change. He had to die..

Â