Did anybody really think 'significant' funds were available?

ahamaad

Did you believe 'significant' funds were being made available?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Did you believe 'significant' funds were being made available?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't believe a word HDE says but was prepared to this time

OK, in light of our mega 250,000 quid sepnd so far (net), and even if Baros signs for the 6 million or so squid touted, that to me is not significant spending. In fact we have been outspent by teams like Charlton, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and small heath.

It may be a little premature, and the transfer window is still open, but did anyone really beleive it when DOL or whoever it was who asked DOL to announce significant funds were to be made available were telling the truth?

Because I certainly don't and I don't think I ever did.

:evil:

Even if we count significant as being on par with the above clubs, we haven't matched that.

Truly pathetic.

i think villa fans' sub-concious always lets them believe what comes out of Villa park, every time we are let down but every time we believe the next quote of untold fortunes and wonderful signings that will be happening !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AH MR PARRY .. DO YOU ACCEPT LUNCHEON VOUCHERS ?

Well there have been shed loads of Baros ones but I think this addresses the heart of the problem at VP, that of HDE and the board being a bunch of dirty lying cnuts.

And it makes us a laughing stock of the PL, why make such an announcement? Why not just go out and spend the money and just keep quiet?

Egg on our faces.

Well there have been shed loads of Baros ones but I think this addresses the heart of the problem at VP, that of HDE and the board being a bunch of dirty lying cnuts.

but if we did sign Baros would you still think the same??

And it makes us a laughing stock of the PL, why make such an announcement? Why not just go out and spend the money and just keep quiet?

Egg on our faces.

A laughing stock??

A slight exaggeration don't you think??

Actually signing Baros is just us using the remaining money from the Beattie budget, which if I remember correctly was to last us until the end of next january's window (maybe slightly more but hardly "significant")

If we sign Baros we would have spent just over 6 million.

That is not significant considering how much the other clubs have spent. Forget Man ure, Arsenal. Forget Spurs, forget Boro.

I am talking about teams like Charlton who are a small club who have been languishing in Div 2 for years. Teams like Blackburn, small haeth?

As for the 'egg on our faces' comment. Its more to do with why make an announcement about significant funds? You don't hear Spurs saying that? They just go out and spend. Why say you have money to spend when in fact actions speak louder than words and so far we have spent 250,000 net and Baros is not yet a Villa player.

£3 million spent.

£6 million for Baros.

£3 million for a defender.

That's £12 million we had. It's three times the amount we normally have, so it's significant compared to our usual spend.

It's not significant compared to what Chelsea will spend.

It's significant compared to what Torquay spend.

All about the perception of the word significant.

If Dave O knew he had £12 million and decided that was significant, what's the problem?

£6 million isn't significant funding - and its certainly not worth the fuss that they were making after the January transfer window about funds being available.

£6million is what teams spend when their aim is to hang on around the place they finished the year before.

£3 million spent.

£6 million for Baros.

That's £12 million we had. It's three times the amount we normally have, so it's significant compared to our usual spend.

If Dave O knew he had £12 million and decided that was significant, what's the problem?

You forgot the 2 million back for Vassell and the surplus from the Beattie (last laugh) slush fund

If we sign Baros we would have spent just over 6 million.

That is not significant considering how much the other clubs have spent. Forget Man ure, Arsenal. Forget Spurs, forget Boro.

I am talking about teams like Charlton who are a small club who have been languishing in Div 2 for years. Teams like Blackburn, small haeth?

As for the 'egg on our faces' comment. Its more to do with why make an announcement about significant funds? You don't hear Spurs saying that? They just go out and spend. Why say you have money to spend when in fact actions speak louder than words and so far we have spent 250,000 net and Baros is not yet a Villa player.

But you still haven't explained why you claim that Aston Villa FC are the laughing stock of the Premier League.

£3 million spent.

£6 million for Baros.

You forgot the 2 million back for Vassell and the surplus from the Beattie (last laugh) slush fund

So has the transfer window been closed then drat?? I'm just wondering if you've been told by someone that Villa won't be spending anymore cash?

A bit early to be gloating don't you think??

£6 million isn't significant funding - and its certainly not worth the fuss that they were making after the January transfer window about funds being available.

£6million is what teams spend when their aim is to hang on around the place they finished the year before.

So that's all we're spending then??

Funny that because i heard O'Leary say the other day that once he signs a striker he'll move on to a centre back and a left back.

Having seen the same situation for the past 20 years 1982, we can safely say there will be no 'significant' spending this year.

BTW, we are a laughing stock when people point out we have spent 6 million when it was touted it would be significant funds. Journalists have already begun to point it out.

I just wonder what would ever happen to AVFC if we had a board like Spurs have?

:roll:

Funny that because i heard O'Leary say the other day that once he signs a striker he'll move on to a centre back and a left back.

I want to win the lottery.

Doesn't mean I will.

David O'Leary said he wanted to be able to bring in four quality players this summer, the type that would take this club on further. He hasn't been allowed to do that, either. He said he wanted the spending done by the time the players are back in training. That hasn't been done either.

If we fail to sign Baros, I expect this money to completely disappear. Like it has with Beattie. Like it did with Juninho. Like it did with Matt Holland. Like it did with.....

Â