Best 1970's disco performer?

privateer

Which of these two do you dig on, baby?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two do you dig on, baby?

• It's Donna, she was the queen
    • It's Sylvester, he was the queen
    • Actually, I loathe Donna. She sucks
    • Actually, I loathe Sylvester. He is a w*nker
    • Neither for me, disco is crud. Even Disco Stu sucks

I've pondered on the relative merits of these two musical giants for a while now

So, check these two disco legends out. Who is the best singer and the best mover with the best backbeat (a disco essential, I feel.)

Also, can you see any of their moves being incorporated into goal celebrations in a retro/revival style by any of our players? Personally, I can.

Definitely Donna. Sylvester's a tranny. :nod:

Really? Maybe he wanted to be like Donna Summer in the same way Michael Jackson supposedly wanted to be like Diana Ross. It's really totally risible when people identify with others and want to be like them to the extent that they act like them and operate like blind cheerleaders for them.

I also think it's ridiculous when that happens.

It's so tedious that I ask people to look at the ... before they take a position which is so ..... :hooray:

... :crylaugh: ... :hooray: :firefox: :confused: :drowsy: :eek:

EDIT:

Sorry, I think I just got a bit... weird on the emoticons there. I must have got a bit twitchy on the mouse. I'll check that I have taken the correct medication in the correct order, I do have to watch that. :suspect:

My vote goes to Rose Royce, how can they have been overlooked in this poll?

Same goes for Leo Sayer and David Soul, come to think of it.

Sorry,Rose Royce is outta here, my love for her don't live here any more.

Leo Sayer, I decided the show shouldn't go on.

David Soul, I gave up on us, baby.

In those circumstances, that was probably the wise choice. Had you been around for long enough it is likely you would have gone for the second from bottom. Had you been around for even longer you might have asked "Why can't I vote for 'Donna is the the queen AND Sylvester is a rocket polisher"?

Wish I'd thought of that when I put the poll together!

If you do, beware... given the time period, she likely has the "earth mama" thing going on down there (not that there's anything wrong with it, but considering the change in fashion in that regard in recent decades, if you're more used to recent styles, it can be a bit jarring).

Yes, I know what you mean but I'm a big fan of the classics - even if I'm not a fan of the coiffure they wore in those days.

I also think I'm beyond "jarring". Having had my hair raised, skin crawled, stomach turned and eyes bulged at some of the things I have seen over the years, "jarred" would make a change.

Not keen on disco, although The Bee Gees were kings of it for a couple of years.

Mentions to Earth Wind and Fire, Heatwave and War too.

Sylvester though......hilarious :-)

Â