Referee in trouble...

Claret&Blue

What do you think of Poll's behaviour?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Poll's behaviour?

• Good on the lad!
    • It's disgraceful, he should be struck off.
    • Who?

The Sun is reporting that referee Graham Poll is being probed by the FA (oo-er!) as he "got drunk, climbed onto some cars and then vomited in the foyer of a hotel." Classy. This beggars the question, is it refreshing that a referee shows a human side, or does it undermine his authority on the footy park (ala Angus Deaton on HIGNFY) and set a bad example to the kids who avidly follow referees...(!) I for one say good on him for showing a human side. We've all done it (maybe not the car-climbing bit!) and as long as he doesn't make a regular occurance of it or start doing it mid-season, he's entitled to let his hair down (what little he has).

The fact that he got shitfaced, climbed on cars and vomited explosively only means there are problems with his private life that need addressing. Perhaps the FA should be offering counselling, rather than probing...

... or is that what they are doing?

This beggars the question, is it refreshing that a referee shows a human side, or does it undermine his authority on the footy park (ala Angus Deaton on HIGNFY)

I go for human side, he shouldn't have climbed on the cars but other than that it's just a bad case of being drunk, I wouldn't suspend him for that.

And it's nothing like the same scale as Angus Deayton! Poll isn't snorting cocaine off the backside of a prostitute (that was what happened wasn't it?)

:) I made the comparison to Deaton, merely because his position at HIGNFY became untenable as he ecame the butt of all the jokes, would a similar thing happen to a referee who had lost the respect of the players?

Â