Bucharest - Romania

Demitri_C

Suprised there isnt a post on this one! I dont know if thats a good thing 😂

But me and the lads have arranged a random weekender in bucharest. Anyone been got any tips on dos/donts things to do there?

I see they are in EU but have their own currency.  I am hoping this means it might be relatively cheap

Thanking you 🙂

Not been there for a lads do,  but at the risk of getting you lynched by your mates you should pre book a visit to the Ceausescu palace , its well worth a couple of hours of your time , might do everyone some good to have a few hours sober time before the drinking starts 

i did stumble upon a bar area that seemed quite lively, I opted for   a church that had been converted into a restaurant / bar which was quite a novelty …

funnily enough Bucharest has come up as a possibility for our next lads trip so make sure you report back with how it went 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Not been there for a lads do,  but at the risk of getting you lynched by your mates you should pre book a visit to the Ceausescu palace , its well worth a couple of hours of your time , might do everyone some good to have a few hours sober time before the drinking starts 

i did stumble upon a bar area that seemed quite lively, I opted for   a church that had been converted into a restaurant / bar which was quite a novelty …

funnily enough Bucharest has come up as a possibility for our next lads trip so make sure you report back with how it went 

Cheers tone ill check it out. Was looking at going transvelynia but it seems quite far from thw old town

It seems likw thwy havw slowly modernised the place so curious to see what its like. 

Posted (edited)

Went about 10 years ago when it was very cheap. I suspect it is still fairly reasonable. Yes you have to go to the parliament, it has to be seen to be believed. About an eighth of the city centre was demolished and thousands of people moved out. They basically exhausted the entire supply of marble in the country for it. Freetours are quite good- a couple of hours walk around the centre and you pay what you want at the end- though you should give something!  The village museum is worth a look as well. If you want a trip out than Brasov- Brans Castle (along with the dracula tat) and peles castle is a good if long trip out.

In terms of places to eat/drink caru cu bere is  a stunning building to spend a bit of time in.

The metro is good to get around if somewhat utilitarian  unless they have modernised it recently. It was very cheap something like 4 quid for a week's pass.

Edited by The Fun Factory

there's a bar next to the hard rock cafe called Berăria H Herastrau

its genuinely ridiculous in there, not sure how many people it fits but its got to be pushing a few hundred, its a huge place

the 6 hours all day bender i spent in there was probably a bit too much...

i also got the train to Brasov to go see draculas castle, 3.5 hours i think it was, problem being that by the time we got there everyone was a bit peckish, the bar we went for food also happened to sell beer...4 hours later i got the 3.5 hour train back, 7 hour round trip to see 3 bars in brasov

Thanks lads for all the recommendations!

The dracula castle i really wanna go but for 2 nights its going to swallow up alot of our day

Hop hopligans looks good 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks lads for all the recommendations!

The dracula castle i really wanna go but for 2 nights its going to swallow up alot of our day

Hop hopligans looks good 😂

You can do it in a day- there are lots of day trips from Bucharest you can book if you want.  Peles castle is the more impressive one.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You can do it in a day- there are lots of day trips from Bucharest you can book if you want.  Peles castle is the more impressive one.

Thanks FF ill look into that one

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks FF ill look into that one

Lot of good tips already so not much to add. Maybe check out Berestroika Beer Revolution as an alternative. Owner is of Indian origin and speak good English.

If you're gonna pay for a 'cuddle', don't pick number one on Google. If it ain't got 1000s of reviews, I don' think it's a real late night massage. 

Â