Portugal

El Zen

Couldn’t be bothered checking for existing threads.

The missus and I have booked flights to Lisbon for a week in July, and we’re looking for where to stay. The plan is to have two days in Lisbon, and five days in some small coastal town. Finding a place in Lisbon should be no problem, but I’m looking for a nice little town along the coast within an hour from Lisbon (either direction is fine.) Ideally somewhere not too touristy, nice sandy beaches, decent food. Ericeira has come up as an alternative, but it’s nice to have some options before we decide anything. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

5 hours ago, El Zen said:

Couldn’t be bothered checking for existing threads.

The missus and I have booked flights to Lisbon for a week in July, and we’re looking for where to stay. The plan is to have two days in Lisbon, and five days in some small coastal town. Finding a place in Lisbon should be no problem, but I’m looking for a nice little town along the coast within an hour from Lisbon (either direction is fine.) Ideally somewhere not too touristy, nice sandy beaches, decent food. Ericeira has come up as an alternative, but it’s nice to have some options before we decide anything. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi El Zen, we’ve been to the Algarve many times, but only Lisbon/surrounding area once so not really ITK as such. However, Costa da Caparica is the favoured escape of in-the-know locals for it’s stunning beach, Cascais and Estoril are pretty coastal seaside towns, and Sintra is a destination plucked straight from a fairytale for it’s beautiful villas and palaces, but is in the nearby mountain range rather than a coastal destination.

Personally, Cascais, Estoril and/or Sintra would be my picks and all within 30 minutes of Lisbon. Not familiar with Ericeira, but looks very nice as well having done a quick google search so is certainly an option. 

Whatever you decide, you’ll have a fantastic time I’m sure 👍

• Thanks 1

Done Lisbon with work before and would strongly recommend the food hall/market in the city centre (can't think of it's proper name) as all of the food stalls in their are excellent.

Make sure you get some of the local custard pastries.

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Done Lisbon with work before and would strongly recommend the food hall/market in the city centre (can't think of it's proper name) as all of the food stalls in their are excellent.

Make sure you get some of the local custard pastries.

Time Out Market

Love Lisbon great city 

• Like 1

Â