Your favourite outdoor market on earth?

Marka Ragnos

I love markets! I love that feeling of getting lost in discoveries. The main fish market in Dar Es Salaam in Kivokoni blew me away when I visited 25 years ago. But there are so many great outdoor markets in the world. Which would you recommend?

Marché aux Fleurs on the Cours Saleya in Nice is worth getting up in the morning for

Hard trying to find a photo that does it justice tbh but its really three markets, flowers in the early morning, switches to food later on in the morning and then a more touristy market in the late afternoon / evening, selling more arty stuff

Even better, its surrounded by the bars and restaurants of old town Nice and its a stones throw from the Promenade de Anglais and the beach

• Like 1

Oistins Fish Fry in Barbados. 

When I was there in 2008, beer was 25cents a bottle and available from a kiosk across the road. The tastiest fish I've ever had. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 09:23, villa89 said:

I haven't been but the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is the biggest market in the world. I will visit it at some stage.

Doesn't meet the brief as it's indoors. 

I was there in February though and it is pretty impressive. All the moody Louis Vuitton and Gucci you could want.

Â