• THE WIRE
    • DEXTER
    • OZ
    • SOPRANOS
    • SIX FEET UNDER
    • THE SHIELD
    • DEADWOOD
    • CARNIVALE

you missed out Prison Break, but I think 24 or Sopranos does it for me. I need to watch the wire as well because that looks immense and very funny in parts.

I voted for 24 purely because I only watched the first series two weeks ago and already half way through series 3. It's annoying at times but it makes it all the more brilliant because you are shouting at the tv

"no don't do that you ****' taaaaaaard!"

*gets shot in the face*

"aaaahh told ya!"

great tv.

Maybe not really OT but has anyone seen Rome? Heard it should be quite good and I consider buying it. I like the subject.

Another question would be, what is The Wire and House about? What's the story?

Maybe not really OT but has anyone seen Rome? Heard it should be quite good and I consider buying it. I like the subject.
So do I - avoid it like the plague. TERRIBLE series. Footballers' Wives in Togas.

I'm totally opposite to Mike - I thought "Rome" was brilliant. Full of violence bad language and sex. What more can you want? Set during the Roman Empire days.

"House" is about a US maverick genius Doctor played by UK actor/comedian Hugh laurie, and its VERY good.

"The Wire" is about a team of police detectives and officers and their ongoping attempts to arrest and convict a host of criminals and is set in Baltimore USA. Also worth watching. I'm currently on season 3, and all the above shows are available in torrentland

I'm totally opposite to Mike - I thought "Rome" was brilliant. Full of violence bad language and sex. What more can you want? Set during the Roman Empire days.

"House" is about a US maverick genius Doctor played by UK actor/comedian Hugh laurie, and its VERY good.

"The Wire" is about a team of police detectives and officers and their ongoping attempts to arrest and convict a host of criminals and is set in Baltimore USA. Also worth watching. I'm currently on season 3, and all the above shows are available in torrentland

Thanks for that, Rob. :D Well, thanks to you, Mike, but I like what Rob said about what the serie contains so I'll go with him. ;) Now I have some new TV-series to look out for in the store. Ordered BOB today, though, and I've never seen that either so I guess I should watch that one first when I get it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting to the end of season four of The Wire - absolutely enthralling.

And I have to say that, even though he is a mass murderer and a homosexual, Omar is one of my favourite TV characters of all time.

Brilliant stuff

Â