35 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Python-member?

• Graham Chapman
    • John Cleese
    • Terry Gilliam
    • Eric Idle
    • Terry Jones
    • Michael Palin

If you turned up to the pub in that, you'd be asked why your name was printed on the front rather than the back.

Back at the ranch, it is close for me between Idle, Palin and Cleese.

I've put Idle top because he is always funny in whatever he does and I love Nuns on the Run.

Palin is next because he plays characters so well and his travel programmes are brilliant.

Cleese is good and I love Fawlty Towers but he is always very similar in character IMO plus we get a Fawlty overkill and we don't see the stuff the other two did like Rutland Weekend Television and Ripping Yarns often enough.

In honour of this thread I've just put the DVD of Holy Grail on. Brilliant.

Beat me to it i have just done that. :D

"i'm not dead"

:lol:

I'll be joining you both on that later, this thread has got me in a Python mood.

'It's only a flesh wound!'

I'm probably in the minority here but can anyone else remember the superb...

1241-1.jpg

If you can, then how fantastic an adventure game was that? And all for the princely sum of £1.99.

A quick trip to imdb is needed....

King Arthur: [after Arthur's cut off both of the Black Knight's arms] Look, you stupid Bastard. You've got no arms left.

Black Knight: Yes I have.

King Arthur: *Look*!

Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.

Dennis is one of the best characters in the Holy Grail...

Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

That whole scene is gold.

I'm semi-watching Monty Python live at the Hollywood bowl atm and just re-discovered how funny they were. Absolute best comedian "group" that has ever existed. IMO.

The early SNL cast would give them a run for the money, if they could be put in the same classification.

* Chevy Chase

* Bill Murray

* Dan Aykroyd

* John Belushi

* Jane Curtin (an old friend of my father's from Wellesley)

* Gilda Radner

* Al Franken

* Harry Shearer

Â