35 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Python-member?

• Graham Chapman
    • John Cleese
    • Terry Gilliam
    • Eric Idle
    • Terry Jones
    • Michael Palin

Who could forget the Undertakers Sketch?

Cut to an undertaker's shop

Undertaker: Morning.

Man : Good Morning.

Undertaker: What can I do for you, squire?

Man: Um, well, I wonder if you can help me. You see, my mother has just died.

Undertaker: Ah well, we can help you. We deal with stiffs.

Man : What?

Undertaker: Well, there's three things we can do with your mum. We can bury her, burn her, or dump her.

Man: Dump her?

Undertake:r Dump her in the Thames.

Man: What?

Undertaker: Oh, did you like her?

Man: Yes!

Undertaker: Oh well, we won't dump her, then. Well, what do you think? We can bury her or burn her.

Man : Well, which do you recommend?

Undertaker: Well, they're both nasty. If we burn her, she gets stuffed in the flames, crackle, crackle, crackle, which is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead, but quick. (the audience starts booing) and then we give you handful of ashes, which you can pretend are hers.

Man: Oh.

Undertaker: Or, if we bury her she gets eaten up lots of weevils, and nasty maggots, (the booing increases) which as I said before is a bit of a shock if she's not quite dead.

Man: I see. Well, she's definitely dead.

Undertaker: Where is she?

Man: She's in this sack.

Undertaker: Can I have a look? She looks quite young.

Man: Yes, yes, she was.

Increasing protests from audience

Undertaker: (calling) Fred!

Fred's voice : Yeah?

Undertaker : I think we've got an eater.

Another undertaker pokes his head round the door

Fred : Right, I'll get the oven on. (goes off)

Man : Er, excuse me, um, are you suggesting eating my mother?

Undertaker: Er ... Yeah. Not raw. Cooked.

Undertaker : Yes, roasted with a few french fries, broccoli, horseradish sauce ...

Man : Well, I do feel a bit peckish.

Voice From Audience: Disgraceful! Boo! (etc.)

Undertaker: Great!

Man : Can we have some parsnips?

Undertaker: (calling) Fred - get some parsnips.

Man : I really don't think I should.

Undertaker: Look, tell you what, we'll eat her, if you feel a bit guilty about it after, we can dig a grave and you can throw up in it.

A section of the audience rises up in revolt and invades the set, remonstrating with the performers and banging the counter, etc., breaking up the sketch. Zoom away from them and into caption machine; roll credits. The National Anthem starts. The shouting stops. Mix through credits to show audience and everyone on set standing to attention. As the credits end, fade out.

:-)

Am i the only person that thinks the Holy Grail is sheer genius and actually better than Life Of Brian?

No you aint - I prefer Holy Grail too and my kids love it

Nowt wrong with Life of Brian, but I love every single scene in Holy Grail and it's not many comedy movies that I can say that about.

In fact the only other one I can think of is Anchorman.

Oh yeah Life Of Brian is obviously v good, but i have always thought Grail was better even with Brian getting all the plaudits.

I think the subject matter helped LOB to attain much of its infamy in it's early years. The FACT that it's absolutely spot-on comedy also helped ofc ourse.

Pff. Holy Grail/Life of Brian. Life of Brian/Holy Grail...

But a word or two in favour of The Meaning of Life: Mr Creosote, eh?

Always been my fav, the Meaning of Life. Life of Brian and Holy Grail are better films but I just find the Meaning of Life funniest. Which is no mean feat since the other 2 will make me laugh almost constantly.

And Now for Something Completely Different isn't bad either, although it cocks up a couple of the sketches by linking them into each other. Never seen the Live recording, but have heard good things.

Having said Michael Palin - I also loved his ripping yarns, but I also liked Eric Idle's Rutland Weekend Television - which spawned The Rutles - anyone remember that too?

Having said Michael Palin - I also loved his ripping yarns, but I also liked Eric Idle's Rutland Weekend Television - which spawned The Rutles - anyone remember that too?

Yep, loved the Rutles. Always liked Neil Innes.

Gilliam, because Brian is a better looking film than many (any?) of the religious epics that I can recall right now. MOL is just stunning from the off, pirates, Creosote, madness - eye candy! Holy Grail is great and the surreal cartoons in the series rock.

Baron Munch, 12 Monkeys, Time Bandits...

:lol: Some great stuff there, Rob. :lol: Hope you didn't have all hose lines in your head, though. ;)

About the movies I'm one of those who likes Life of rian the most. I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. Doesn't mean that the other weren't pure genius. You just have your favourites. And the same goes for the members.

Another of my favourite scenes is the "Nutch, nutch, know what I mean, know what I mean?"-sketch. Simple and so funny in it's no-funny-at-all-genius. Can't find it on the internet, though. Idle at his best.

Another of my favourite scenes is the "Nutch, nutch, know what I mean, know what I mean?"-sketch. Simple and so funny in it's no-funny-at-all-genius. Can't find it on the internet, though. Idle at his best.

try 'Nudge Nudge' on Youtube Pelle.

try 'Nudge Nudge' on Youtube Pelle.

:oops: Well, I'm from Sweden after all. :D

Â