Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Up to you . I rarely go ew but I wouldn’t put you off going ew . 

I know. EW is an amateur bet.  Buy I am very much an amateur 😂😂

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know. EW is an amateur bet.  Buy I am very much an amateur 😂😂

It’s not an amateur bet at all . Some people make decent profit from ew betting . Just see what the prices are on course then go with what you feel best . I think the favourite in the last one is a pretty strong favourite too but it’s only 5/4 or around that . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@sidcow in the 6.20 I like Judge Earle but I also like Smugglers Blues even more and it’s a big price, too big in fact . The form of his last run is far from shabby.  Currently 16/1 

He a drifted significantly in the market today. Out as far as 20/1 - He was 9/2 this morning.

Back into about 14/1 now I think.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

21 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He a drifted significantly in the market today. Out as far as 20/1 - He was 9/2 this morning.

Back into about 14/1 now I think.

Strange goings on . His last run was decent giving away a lot of weight to an improving horse which has gone on and won again and also finished second after that . It’s a funny old game though .

34 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I go EW as a rule if I think the odds are good enough.

anything 5/1 or above i'm always E/W...sometimes even E/W on 4s or 9/2 if it's a competitive race and just risk losing a bit of change if it places. i've never bothered to compare my p&l as to whether or not it's better but considering i'm often looking for the big priced horses that i think will outperform their odds i think it's the most sensible

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes. Get pissed and then back something that has 4 legs and a jockey riding it.   ;)

Turns out this is absolutely the best strategy 

• Like 1

16 Jun 2023 14:05:00    SANDOWN    Harb

16 Jun 2023 15:00:00    YORK    Crazy Luck

16 Jun 2023 16:25:00    SANDOWN    Hello Arthur

16 Jun 2023 16:45:00    YORK    Lord Of The Lodge

16 Jun 2023 18:40:00    GOODWOOD    Wilderness

16 Jun 2023 20:20:00    GOODWOOD    Cancan In The Rain

Mine for today:

WIN:

1915    GOODWOOD    MISS MAI TAI@2.38    1 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 1

LONGSHOTS:

1750    AINTREE           ANGELS VOICE@21    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
2100    FONTWELL       GUGUSS COLLONGES@21    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
2020    GOODWOOD    CLIFFS OF CAPRI@11    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3

Bookies freebies first, also Betway pick 4 to win.

Edited by bielesibub
no ITV7

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well done Sid , my selections were a shit show 

Well I wasn't going to say anything 😂😂

Those 2 last races saved my bacon. 

Most people I was with did OK to be fair. 

• Like 1

I got thinking yesterday how you become a course side bookie.

I assume you can't just buy the equipment and set up.  Assume there are only a set number of licences available, maybe passed down through families? 

And also how much they make.  Are they very profitable or a bit middle of the road.  

I assume the equipment just automatically calculates the odds so they don't need super maths skills anymore. 

7.00 Aintree Cracking Destiny 11/4

7.35 Aintree Hurricane Ali 11/4

7.55 Fakenham Sirobbie 4/1

8.10 Aintree Lermoos Legend 11/4 

put these on earlier . Some prices are bigger now and some smaller but it’s BOG anyway 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I got thinking yesterday how you become a course side bookie.

I assume you can't just buy the equipment and set up.  Assume there are only a set number of licences available, maybe passed down through families? 

And also how much they make.  Are they very profitable or a bit middle of the road.  

I assume the equipment just automatically calculates the odds so they don't need super maths skills anymore. 

I once watched a documentary about on course bookies or one in particular should I say.   It can be a busy life and it’s rare you meet a poor bookie .  Not sure how it all works if I’m being honest but no doubt you have to pay for your pitch and licences and all that .

Mine for today:

WIN:

1445    CHESTER         BOX TO BOX@3.25    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4
1810    UTTOXETER    CARLO DU BERLAIS@2.1    3 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 3
1535    BATH              CROWS NEST@2.4    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2
1505    YORK              QUICKTHORN@2.88    2 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 2

PLACE:

1650    YORK         TROPEZ POWER@6    4 PLACES WITH BET 365    SKYBET TERMS 4
1700    CHESTER    BOOKMARK@6    4 PLACES WITH SKY BET    SKYBET TERMS 4

Bookies freebies first, all ITV7, Betway pick 4 to win, Paddy's Pick 5, Coral Racing Super series.

Â