Players training at bodymoor

leighavfc

Hi all

Does anybody have any idea how I can find out when the players are training and at what times? My kids want too get some pics/autographs and I was planning too take them up bodymoor today to wait on the road out of there too try and catch a few if possible 

Edited by leighavfc

7 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

So decided to just go up and see..

In previous times visiting Middleton lakes I had seen people waiting on the corner of the road so decided too park up and do that. Around 10 minutes later a few cars started pulling out, Digne pulled straight up too us....on opposite side of the road 😬 shortly followed by a security car 🤣 as he signed the kids shirts the security bloke approached me too tell me I couldn't stand there and stop the players as it would cause a hazard.. fair point and I asked what I could do... he asked over the radio of we could go on site, which they agreed too! By this point Buendia, Martinez and Mcginn whizzed past us 😢

We walked down into the car park and they set some barriers up for us too stand behind alongside another family who had parked in the car park... turns out you are allowed on site after a certain time!

Most of the players stopped too be fair and had pics and autographs which the kids were absolutely delighted with and made their day... a few just drove past which was disappointing.. but hey ho it's completely up too them of course! We were there about 2 hours and the security told us when they had all gone home which was good too know. 

They met Digne, Dendoncker, Moreno, Ramsey, Mings, Duran, Bailey, Watkins, Traore and Kamara.

Big props too Jhon Duran who got out the car shook and fist bumped all the kids hands and was really good with them all. The security bloke commented on how the first few times he didn't have a clue what was going on as no-one had asked him for an autograph before. A funny moment whilst Duran was going down the line... my son starts shouting Diego... Diego.. I looked up and said Where's Diego? He says there driving... turns out Durans driver looks a little bit like Diego Carlos 🤣🤣🤣

All in all really good for the kids, wish we had got there 10/15 mins too see Mcginn etc but will try again another time 👍🏻

Glad it worked out for you!  Sounds like your kids had a blast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leighavfc said:

So decided to just go up and see..

In previous times visiting Middleton lakes I had seen people waiting on the corner of the road so decided too park up and do that. Around 10 minutes later a few cars started pulling out, Digne pulled straight up too us....on opposite side of the road 😬 shortly followed by a security car 🤣 as he signed the kids shirts the security bloke approached me too tell me I couldn't stand there and stop the players as it would cause a hazard.. fair point and I asked what I could do... he asked over the radio of we could go on site, which they agreed too! By this point Buendia, Martinez and Mcginn whizzed past us 😢

We walked down into the car park and they set some barriers up for us too stand behind alongside another family who had parked in the car park... turns out you are allowed on site after a certain time!

Most of the players stopped too be fair and had pics and autographs which the kids were absolutely delighted with and made their day... a few just drove past which was disappointing.. but hey ho it's completely up too them of course! We were there about 2 hours and the security told us when they had all gone home which was good too know. 

They met Digne, Dendoncker, Moreno, Ramsey, Mings, Duran, Bailey, Watkins, Traore and Kamara.

Big props too Jhon Duran who got out the car shook and fist bumped all the kids hands and was really good with them all. The security bloke commented on how the first few times he didn't have a clue what was going on as no-one had asked him for an autograph before. A funny moment whilst Duran was going down the line... my son starts shouting Diego... Diego.. I looked up and said Where's Diego? He says there driving... turns out Durans driver looks a little bit like Diego Carlos 🤣🤣🤣

All in all really good for the kids, wish we had got there 10/15 mins too see Mcginn etc but will try again another time 👍🏻

Great story and very encouraging that, whilst it can’t be completely open house largely due to the way the world is these days, social media, the press etc, the club realises the importance of maintaining a genuine relationship with the fans. Aston Villa are and always will be a proper club. A big component of plastic is of course oil, oh the irony. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I must add that they didn't let us in especially.. you are allowed too go in and park on the car park at the training ground around 12pm on the days the players are training. From what I can gather they go in about 8.30/9 and all leave between 12 and 2ish. On which days they train is the guesswork really but im sure you can ring the club and they will tell you if you ask nicely. I purely guessed and took the chance, being only 20 mins away too made it not too much of a problem if they weren't.

The security staff were great too, even when being told I couldn't stand at the end of the road initially it was all done calmfully and respectfully and not made too feel bad, and in the end invited us in too do it safely. By the end of the 2 hours their were around 30 people there. If you have kids or are like @Enda😁 then I recommend it!!

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Great story and very encouraging that, whilst it can’t be completely open house largely due to the way the world is these days, social media, the press etc, the club realises the importance of maintaining a genuine relationship with the fans. Aston Villa are and always will be a proper club. A big component of plastic is of course oil, oh the irony. 

Love this! So so true! 

They say you don't choose Villa.... it chooses you ❤️ 

I love this club, made me and my kids very happy today.... and gave me the happiness too get home and get on with the bloody decorating I had postponed to go too the training ground knowing the boys had a few hours too remember!! 😅 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Love this! So so true! 

They say you don't choose Villa.... it chooses you ❤️ 

I love this club, made me and my kids very happy today.... and gave me the happiness too get home and get on with the bloody decorating I had postponed to go too the training ground knowing the boys had a few hours too remember!! 😅 

A wonderful experience for you and your boys. Possibly the only thing in the world that could compensate for the misery of decorating. Good luck with finding your inner strength to face the up coming battle. 😅

• Haha 1

Many years ago, back in the 70s, Andy Gray was playing for the reserves at BMH as part of his return after injury. The first team were away and the game was on a Saturday morning. My Dad suggested we went along to see the match with no game at VP that weekend. 

When we got to  BMH the roads were lined with parked cars. We eventually parked about half a mile away. The pitch they were using was 10 deep with others that had the same idea. They reckoned that 10k had turned up at BMH. Which was probably more than SHA got for their home game! 

• Like 1

Â