European football trip

AlwaysAVFC

• 2 months later...

Going to Roma/Udinese next weekend as I’m taking my old man on a wee jaunt to the city. I’m on quite a tight turnaround as I’ve got a tour of the Coliseum that finishes an hour before kick off. Wondering if they’ll have a problem with me taking my camera into the ground with me. It’d be a shame not to have it for the tours in the morning but I won’t have time to drop it back at the Airbnb before the game. There’s nothing that specifically rules it out in the conditions of sale but I’d rather not risk it unless anyone has any better advice. 

On 07/04/2023 at 23:53, choffer said:

Going to Roma/Udinese next weekend as I’m taking my old man on a wee jaunt to the city. I’m on quite a tight turnaround as I’ve got a tour of the Coliseum that finishes an hour before kick off. Wondering if they’ll have a problem with me taking my camera into the ground with me. It’d be a shame not to have it for the tours in the morning but I won’t have time to drop it back at the Airbnb before the game. There’s nothing that specifically rules it out in the conditions of sale but I’d rather not risk it unless anyone has any better advice. 

I went Milan game a few years back and thet wouldnt let a friend bring in hia camera into the stadium though was ultras section of the stadium so that might have been it. Think a friend had to negotiate in Italian to bring it in

• Like 1

Roma vs Udinese last night. Have to say, the atmosphere was amazing. A country mile better than anything in the UK. 
A decent game with Tammy A getting on for the last ten or twelve minutes and bagging a really good goal. 
Udinese weren’t all that good but it was still a fantastic experience. Appetite whetted for more European excursions but I’m definitely going back to see Roma again. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

We went with my mates wishes in the end and are going to Amsterdam. Looking at the fixtures I think we are aiming to go to Volendam v Heracles Almelo on the Saturday. Its also Ajax v Feyenoord on the Sunday but I imagine tickets for that aren't to easy to get hold of.

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/01/2023 at 09:24, Wainy316 said:

I'm off to Hannover (my team) v Kaiserslautern and Hamburg v Braunschweig (basically SHA if you're a Hannover fan) this weekend.

Back to Hannover again for my mate's 40th in a couple of weeks.  Annoying the Hannover v Hamburg game has been moved for TV at the exact time of the party.

Will instead be taking in lower league games at Verl (apparently the stadium has the longest bar in Europe, longer than Spurs') and Havelse.

Â