Giants News

kkr

We signed former Eagles DT Mike Patterson a week or so ago. If he is healthy he will be great depth.

We have had Teo and Warmack in for pre draft visits.

Cruz shit, could be this Friday i think when teams can no longer sign him to an offer sheet. If that is the case then he needs to decide if he wants to risk everything for $3m over one year or get $21m+ guaranteed up front with a view to much more over 5 years.

He is going to stay, he is setting up a partnership with JayZ so he needs to sign on and then reap the $$$.

Regular season schedule is out. Cowgirls first up followed by the Manning Bowl.

Sunday, Sept. 8 at Dallas, 8:30 p.m. 
Sunday, Sept. 15 vs. BRONCOS, 4:25 p.m. 
Sunday, Sept. 22 at Carolina, 1 p.m. 
Sunday, Sept. 29 at Kansas City, 1 p.m. 
Sunday, Oct. 6 vs. EAGLES, 1 p.m. 
Thursday, Oct. 10 at Chicago, 8:25 p.m. 
Monday, Oct. 21 vs. VIKINGS, 8:40 p.m. 
Sunday, Oct. 27 at Philadelphia, 1 p.m. 
Sunday, Nov. 3 BYE WEEK 
Sunday, Nov. 10 vs. RAIDERS, 1 p.m. 
Sunday, Nov. 17 vs. PACKERS, 8:30 p.m. * 
Sunday, Nov. 24 vs. COWBOYS, 4:25 p.m. * 
Sunday, Dec. 1 at Washington, 8:30 p.m. * 
Sunday, Dec. 8 at San Diego, 4:25 p.m. * 
Sunday, Dec. 15 vs. SEAHAWKS, 1 p.m. * 
Sunday, Dec. 22 at Detroit, 4:05 p.m. * 
Sunday, Dec. 29 vs. REDSKINS, 1 p.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Analysis of "Damonster" before the draft:

The wild-card
Damontre Moore, Texas A& M (6’4 3/8”, 260lb’s, 34 3/4” arms, 4.92 speed, 19 BP reps) is someone I looked long and hard at as I like him as a player. Junior entry. Two year starter who moved from the ‘Joker’ (OLB) role in the 3-4 to DE in the 4-3 with the change of scheme. Nicknamed 'DaMonster' by teammates because of his ability to make impact plays (45 TFL including 26.5 sacks and 8 forced fumbles in three years). Far too much was made of his 40 yard time and lack of BP reps - his 3 cone, shuttle and jumps are all top 5 or top 10 at his position. Very effective with his inside pass rush moves and on stunts - makes a lot of sacks ‘cleaning up’ and through second effort than through sheer athletic ability. Can be ran at because he doesn’t use his hands well and is physically weak in the upper body but is relentless in pursuit. Has the size and length to fit our ‘prototype’ but his lack of pure speed and in particular the ‘red flags’ about his character - lack of dedication in the weight room, reputation as a ‘party guy’ and possession of marijuana arrest in ’11 - makes it unlikely we’ll invest a 1st round pick in him. I think he’ll be better at DE in the 4-3 than OLB in the 3-4 once he upgrades his strength. Ranks in my top 15 on talent but could drop a long way on draft day.

Link

Pretty much nailed the prediction!

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Curry signed as a vet free agent. Once a top 5 selection but injuries have derailed his career somewhat. Should be able to keep Rivers company at least! :D

Hankins, Moore and the 7th round RB signed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a way i feel sorry for him as he was clearly very poorly advised.  He could have had a $7m+ per year contract but it was turned down before he ruined his knee and then his agent whored him out to the highest bidder, i.e. Philly who didnt care about him they just wanted him away from the Giants and put him on the field before he was healthy, hence the current retirement.

He was still part of a Super Bowl team and an amazing rookie class however so i will remember him fondly for that, the all time single seasons reception record and things like this:

stevesmithjuke1.gif

What could have been turned into Victor Cruz though so not all bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Cruz has now signed his tender, no sign of a long term deal but negotiations are ongoing.  We have him for one more year at least!

Hynkoski knackred his knee at OTA's but should be back by the start of the regular season.  Reports are we have reached out to Vonta Leach who was cut recently but we tried to sign when he left the Texans a few seasons back.  Very good FB.

If you havent read this artice about Eli its brilliant!

Â