Giants News

kkr

Agreed! that being said i would like to call out:

Crack head Michal Irvin - On bold predictions on nfl network - Dallas 4 sacks 3 picks, 4-3 record. Think he confused the teams.

The refs, some bullshit illegal contact calls.

Another tough matchup this week against the #2 overall defense. Looking forward to it though as games against the Steelers are always entertaining. Two physical teams that play the game the right way, i cant wait.

We need Bradshaw and Cruz to play considerably better this week. All was going perfectly last week until Bradshaw fumbled and Cruz started dropping balls again.

Stevie Brown is your NFC DPOW! Hopefully we get KP and Jaquian Williams back soon and then we will be stronger in coverage. Can run the 3 safety package again once KP is back and Williams speed will be good against TE's. Could use both this week.

Stevie Brown now has 168 interception return yards, the highest total by a Giant since 1963, when Dick Lynch tied the club record first set in 1949 by Emlen Tunnell with 251.

I like that our D is getting takeaways, just a shame their overall play isn't spectacular. Imagine if we had T2 going this season as well, we could've been pretty great.

Any news on Chase Blackburn? Been fantastic this season and I think he got injured against Dallas didn't he? I can't really remember, my mind was a mess after that game.

This week would be nice! He might have to put up with some added pressure though, Diehl has been given his starting job back for Locklear which is complete BS if you ask me.

Lawrence Tynes is your ST POM, which is great and all but if we could stop kicking FG's and get in the endzone thanks!

I always felt I overrate KP, this is incredible though:

Few defensive backs in the NFL embody the term “safety” as much as Kenny Phillips. In 2011, the Giants’ centerfielder allowed zero touchdowns, 232 yards, and less than two receptions per game. He’s been even better this season, surrendering just one catch for 14 yards in four starts, for an astounding 99.0 Coverage Snaps Per Reception. When Phillips went down with a sprained MCL against the Eagles in Week 4, the Giants turned to Stevie Brown. The journeyman backup has lacked Phillips’ consistency, but he’s made up for it with his playmaking.

Not a great situation for the people of NY/NJ and im not sure if it will be a wise idea for the game to go ahead. They cancelled the NY marathon in the end so i wonder how this game is going to come across/go down.

When it comes to the players, Pittsburgh are having to fly in today as their hotel that they were supposed to stay at has no power and 90% of Giants players have been without power since the storm hit also.

0ap1000000088229.jpg

We need to put someone other than Diehl or Locklear in.

They can say Diehl got back in because players shouldn't lose a job through injury, but that's just BS. Locklear gave up something like twice as many QB pressures as the rest of the line combined while he was in, he's a terrible player. Diehl is no better and he's even worse in run blocking.

Surely there's some veteran FA out there we can sign for minimum to fill a hole until the end of the year?

IMO the line is a better unit with Locklear in there, but that isnt saying much when the alternative is basically a turnstile at RT. He was moved from LT/LG because he was bad but i honestly cannot see how he is even on the roster let alone the starting lineup.

It wont matter because while we have mr stubborn chuck and duck calling plays we wont get anywhere. The offense has been figured out and we dont have the pieces to do what we were doing last year now. Nicks is injured, Hixon is actually a very average receiver and Bennett is way too inconsistent also.

All we are doing is running **** go routes every play, wonder the offense has gone to shit recently. Al plays are bombs down the field, where are the check down routes? Where are the short to intermediate passing plays?

Have you heard of a screen? Have you heard of a slant? Have you heard of a comeback, a dig, a back in the flat, a drag route, a pick play!? **** mug Gilbride is. That game yesterday is solely on him and its been 3 weeks coming. Adjust or **** off you old word removed.

That being said im looking forward to another road game this week, probably be good to be out of town now and then get to bye. If we do that at 7-3 then happy days.

Have you heard of a screen?

We did a screen to I think Brown recently (Washington or Cleveland) on 3rd down and it went for 13. 13 yards isn't enough for Gilbride though, 50 or bust.

Have you heard of a slant? .

It's frustrating to watch games with Steve Smith or Wes Welker on a slant, catching the ball and picking up 10, 15 or more after the catch when hit in stride. Cruz would go over 2,000 yards in New England.

That being said im looking forward to another road game this week, probably be good to be out of town now and then get to bye. If we do that at 7-3 then happy days.

Home games are always frustrating. I'm pretty sure Eli's record is pretty split between home and road games, but it always feels like such an effort at home. Most of our fairly comfortable wins are on the road. On the road I feel like we play for the full 60 and never under-estimate anyone and then often cruise through the game like in Carolina and San Francisco.

A win here is huge and then we probably only need to win 2 of the final 6 games to take the division, maybe a split would be needed but I'm not sure anyone's going to win 10 games.

Â