2020/2021 Premier League Squad

tomav84

Mods, feel free to merge with another topic but i couldn't find one more appropriate so thought i'd start a new one. Wanted to put together a list of who we think will make our PL squad for this season, as i actually think we'll have too many players for once.

Ramsey is the only one in or around the 1st team that doesn't need to be registered i think.

Numbers are just represent a position in the registered squad, i know they're not their actual shirt numbers.

1. Tom Heaton

2. Emi Martinez

3. Tyrone Mings

4. Neil Taylor

5. Ezri Konsa

6. Douglas Luiz

7. John McGinn

8. Wesley

9. Jack

10. Ollie Watkins

11. Conor Hourihane

12. Bertrand Traore

13. Trez

14. Matt Targett

15. Marvelous Nakamba

16. Ross Barkley

17. Anwar El Ghazi

18. Bjorn Engels

19. Ahmed Elmohamady

20. Kortney Hause

21. Keinan Davis

22. Jed Steer (most likely of the 3 remaining keepers as fits home grown criteria)

23. Matty Cash

24+25. 2 from Guilbert/Jota/Lansbury

So based on the above, there's no place in the 25 for either Guilbert/Lansbury/Jota, and at least 2 of our 5 keepers. And this is on the basis that our transfer business is done...another one of the aforementioned 3 will likely be replaced if we sign anyone else.

I guess there's a possibility that we don't register Wesley until January, if he's not going to be back before then?

47 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Does Davis have to be registered now? Is he not young enough to be exempt?

not 100% but think he had to be under 21 last dec 31st

assuming we dont buy any more players.

Starting 11: Martinez, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Luiz, McGinn, Barkley, Grealish, Watkins, Traore.

Squad (14) : Heaton, Steer, Taylor, Hause, Engels, Elmo, Guilbert, Nakamba, Lansbury, Hourihane, Jota, Trez, El Ghazi, Davis. (Wesley to get a slot in Jan - get rid of someone to accommodate)

Sell/Loan: Kalinic, Nyland.

14 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Depending on when Wesley is due back we could leave him out and add him in January if we wanted to free up a space, and try and off load some tat then. 

if we get no offers for lansbury/guilbert, and don't bring anyone else in then i suspect that will happen

• 1 month later...

I've read, pretty constantly over the last few days, that various players shoul be dropped. 

I've read Cash, Mings, Targett, Mcginn, Barkley, Trez, and Watkins at various times and by various posters should be dropped. We've won 4 out of our opening 6.

I'm glad some of you lot aren't our manager, I really am.

• Like 3

Â