Season ticket poll

ahamaad

Will you renew your season ticket?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your season ticket?

• Yes I will renew mine
    • Yes I will renew mine and my child's
    • I will be getting a season ticket for the first time
    • No

Following from ianrobo's request - which I think is a good idea - I have added this poll. I locked the other thread to maximise votes.

Basically the options are:

1) I will renew

2) I will renew mine and my child's ST

3) I will be getting a ST for the first time (or go on a waiting list for one)

3) No I won't renew

I added the separate child's option as there seems to be the area with the largest increase.

I'll be renewing, but I'm not happy at the shocking increase in price.

I don't mind mine at all at 7%. The 30% is a disgrace for Junior Tickets

An £85 increase is a disgrace as well.

Does the actual cost not matter more than the increase? If I saw a big Sony TV advertised for £400 (between £200 and £400 cheaper than elsewhere), but when I went to buy it had gone up to £485, I'd still be pleased with the cost.

Does the actual cost not matter more than the increase? If I saw a big Sony TV advertised for £400 (between £200 and £400 cheaper than elsewhere), but when I went to buy it had gone up to £485, I'd still be pleased with the cost.

Not if you'd saved up the £400 or budgeted for the £400 and didn't have any more to spare.

I will be renewing mine and my 9 year old daughters. My brother will also be renewing. It will cost us a total of £95 extra this season.

I think the price increases are reasonable and are to be expected if we want a top 4 team we can't expect to pay bottom 4 prices forever.

Not if you'd saved up the £400 or budgeted for the £400 and didn't have any more to spare.

Comparitive to other clubs it really does sound like some have taken the previously low prices for granted then. In an age where many blokes (and women) claim to drink numerous pints on a night out, we are talking about one less pint a fortnight!

Comparitive to other clubs it really does sound like some have taken the previously low prices for granted then. In an age where many blokes (and women) claim to drink numerous pints on a night out, we are talking about one less pint a fortnight!

When the food basket is 15% up from last year and gas and electricity prices are up 15% since the start of this year, I think it is a bit rum (pardon the pun :D) to concentrate on 'binge drinking' to justify the increase.

Perhaps the increases in other things (e.g. gas, electric, fuel and food) have already put paid to going out for a fair few people. So the 'cutting down' on a luxury that they already might not be able to afford is not a possibility.

When the food basket is 15% up from last year and gas and electricity prices are up 15% since the start of this year, I think it is a bit rum (pardon the pun :D) to concentrate on 'binge drinking' to justify the increase.

Perhaps the increases in other things (e.g. gas, electric, fuel and food) have already put paid to going out for a fair few people. So the 'cutting down' on a luxury that they already might not be able to afford is not a possibility.

If people are down to the bare bones and can't reduce their expenditure by drinking one pint less a fortnight OR cancel the sunday paper OR smoke one less cigarette per day OR something similar, then I'd be very surprised. Even changing one's driving style could save enough money in petrol alone!

I've had a season ticket for 20 years now. I can't be sure that a fan in 1988 didn't decide that he could no longer afford it then. Is the club expected to ignore inflation and football economics in order to attract the 1988 fan back?

If people are down to the bare bones and can't reduce their expenditure by drinking one pint less a fortnight OR cancel the sunday paper OR smoke one less cigarette per day OR something similar, then I'd be very surprised. Even changing one's driving style could save enough money in petrol alone!

I've had a season ticket for 20 years now. I can't be sure that a fan in 1988 didn't decide that he could no longer afford it then. Is the club expected to ignore inflation and football economics in order to attract the 1988 fan back?

I don't think that you realise that some are indeed down to the bare bones.

Why is it necessary to speak in extremes and go back 20 years?

When we are talking about a ton or two in increases in one go then I think it's a tad daft to start talking about 1988.

No, the club is not expected to 'ignore inflation' but, perhaps, it should lok at ticket pricing to do with how each individual price has changed rather than 'average' it out.

Â