Would Bellamy be a quality signing?

trimandson

Simple enough, would Bellamy be a "quality signing" in your eyes?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Simple enough, would Bellamy be a "quality signing" in your eyes?

• Yes
    • No

Of course it would be.

Bellamy would never be my first choice striker to sign but there's no doubting he's a quality footballer who'll improve our team big time.

He'll also get the fans excited, and lets face it we could do with a lift.

No. His wage demands are too excessive for what he is. Anm over rated forward with an average strike ratio.

He hasn't achieved much at Norwich, Coventry or Newcastle. What would make his time at Villa any different?

Of course it would be.

Bellamy would never be my first choice striker to sign but there's no doubting he's a quality footballer who'll improve our team big time.

He'll also get the fans excited, and lets face it we could do with a lift.

Could not disagree with any of that to be honest.

He seems like a striker willing to take a shot from 20 meters, and generally beeing an asshole.

Thats something we dont have, and we need IMO. Especially at derby days.

He hasn't achieved much at Norwich, Coventry or Newcastle. What would make his time at Villa any different?

To be honest ahamaad, I think he's a clearing in the woods. But, I think he's a talented clearing in the woods who could do us a world of good.

I first saw him properly at Cov and I thought he always looked dangerous. And although he doesnt score enough goals, he always adds to the overall threat and causes the opposition defence problems.

Having said all that ITSOTP. :winkold:

No me neither.

OT slightly, but is that sig under your post a quote from Miyamoto Musashi'sa 'Go Rin No Sho' (Book of five rings)?

:D

OT SLIGHTLY!! OT COMPLETELY!!!

Its from here

Ah! That would have been my second guess :winkold:

It sounds very similar to what the great swordsman Musashi would have said, I recommend reading the said book too, inspiring but very deep stuff.

back to the Bell end, I think the cash can be better spent elsewhere, there are strikers in Europe and South America who would be better than him.

back to the Bell end, I think the cash can be better spent elsewhere, there are strikers in Europe and South America who would be better than him.

We don't spend much money at the best of times. Is it worth risking £5 million on a player that might not settle in england and might not suit the style of play?

I think definately so.

Forget what you think of the bloke. We need an irritant. We need somebody who every other fan hates. Bellamy is that. He would be our Savage - and you would bloody love him.

I also think that alongside JPA, they'd both be fantastic. OK, Bellamy isn't quite Saviola - but he's of similar build and I would be close to getting that season ticket if he did sign.

Watch him sign for Celtic tomorrow ;)

Forget what you think of the bloke. We need an irritant

We have Doug and failing that we have Hendrie. Any more irritants and we would need to get the cream out!