Would Bellamy be a quality signing?

trimandson

Simple enough, would Bellamy be a "quality signing" in your eyes?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Simple enough, would Bellamy be a "quality signing" in your eyes?

• Yes
    • No

I would love him to sign just to hear O'Leary say "We've got 10 honest lads out there ....... and Craig Bellamy"

Nice

I think definately so.

Forget what you think of the bloke.

I agree with the first bit, which is why i voted Yes.

He is the sort of signing that DOL would like to see 4 more of.

Not a squad filler, but a probbale improvement on the first 11 who would be highly lilkely to go straight into the team.

Do I want him at VP? Not especially. Dislike him intensely, as a person. I'm also not too sure what he offers over and above the Dazz Vass meister. His scoring record/ratio is no better. :shock:

But, If DOL wants and rates him, then Yes, he would be a quality signing, in as much as it shows we have some ambition to go and get some of the bigger name, better players in the Prem and pay some significant transfer fees and wages.

Still think there were/are better options out there though, other than bellendamy.

I think definately so.

Forget what you think of the bloke.

I agree with the first bit, which is why i voted Yes.

He is the sort of signing that DOL would like to see 4 more of.

Not a squad filler, but a probbale improvement on the first 11 who would be highly lilkely to go straight into the team.

Do I want him at VP? Not especially. Dislike him intensely, as a person. I'm also not too sure what he offers over and above the Dazz Vass meister. His scoring record/ratio is no better. :shock:

But, If DOL wants and rates him, then Yes, he would be a quality signing, in as much as it shows we have some ambition to go and get some of the bigger name, better players in the Prem and pay some significant transfer fees and wages.

Still think there were/are better options out there though, other than bellendamy.

That sums upo my opinion on the matter too, not my ideal choice but it would certainly count towards the DOL quality quotient

To Ali H: I've just ordered it funnily enough from amazon, with a copy of the Art Of War and a book on Che Guerva, now stop hijacking my thread with your book reviews!! :D

Would that be Sun Tzu's Art of War? If so, a very interesting book.

back to the Bell end, I think the cash can be better spent elsewhere, there are strikers in Europe and South America who would be better than him.

We don't spend much money at the best of times. Is it worth risking £5 million on a player that might not settle in england and might not suit the style of play?

tell you what risking a FREE TRANSFER is, Javier Saviola has been given a freebie by Barca. And I would prefer him.

Oh and I voted NO

He is better than the strikers we have by a country mile. So yes he would be a quality signing. He may be a knob but what has that got to do with anything. We could buy rod hull and emu for all i care as long ,as they scored goals.

I voted yes and as much as I would love to see CB at VP and DOL do the villafan quote I can't visualise it happening.. can you ? It is amazing how quiet CB has been throughout the last few months. I can't help thinking that he is playing smart by not signing on for any other team while he still holds a perfectly good contract with the Toons. All he has to do is turn up and he gets paid. It is also very possible that Souey's own situation at St James will be terminated if they dont start the season by winning. If CB waits it out he may very well see the end of Souey and be forgiven by the good 'Shepherd' and received as the Prodigal Son. For CB outlasting Souey and then signing elsewhere might actually be what he is looking for. If that is the case then he may very well sign another loan deal with the likes of Celtic... or maybe even Us! Whichever way it goes it's been great entertainment over an otherwise lack lustre Summer. Good Luck to DOL and Steve Stride. I hope you get your man 8)

If he scores 20 next season and helps us into Europe will you all still be whinging about him being an arse?

I'd love to see him join us, as JC said he'd be the reason other teams started hating us. It's about time we stopped being a "nice" club.

Has he signed then?

Seems a bit premature to criticise him until he's at least signed even though I hear the bookies have closed the book on him with Villa as favourites.

All that means is he's agreed to join someone and I'd have thought we were just one in the frame with, unless O'leary pulls of a coup, I'd have said two better alternatives, Europe and such.

As Andy Gray has just said, we need DOL to bring in a star quality player, at 5 mill, no matter what his wage, or signing on fee Bellamy is a brilliantly cheap option.

He's also a player around whom O'leary could build a team for the long term. I'm praying for the coup.