Baseball

ianrobo1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to go to Sox games once a month or so when I lived in Boston. Fenway is fantastic!

Now I live in Chicago... and I'm adopting the Cubs as my National League team. Wrigley's a great place to watch baseball, too.

Four straight hits... bleedin' heck, Beckett. Strike the next one out and gather your thoughts for the third inning.

He was originally a Feyenoord supporter, wasn't he? I think he's now supported every sports team in the world. He's also presumably an adult now. Do you think he goes up to women in bars and says "My picture has been photoshopped on nearly every sports forum on earth."?

YOUK!!!!!!!!

Long ago a man rose from the dead and that man's name was Jesus Christ and he did so on this very day. How could he do this? Was he actually a man or the son of god? Did he have super powers? Did he visit the island from Lost? Did he get into some type of device that was both a hot tub and a time machine? No one will ever know. But what we also know a long time ago, specifically October 2009, a team died. A team that before had such prestige, a team that did crazy handshakes and had crazy beards and had almost the amount of fun that Brett Favre had in the 2010 NFC Championship Game. Last year we saw the death of that team. No longer was Kevin Millar there rocking out to born in the USA or Pokey Reese with his African American antics and most importantly as the saying went there was no more "Manny being **** retarded".

But that sense of fun not seen before since 2004 or 2007 is back. As it took Jesus 2 years to rise from the dead, did it take 2 years for this team to? There's no more Canadian former accountants on the team. Jason Varitek won't be the signal caller behind the plate tonight. There will be no more questions as to whether the starting third baseman fits in with the white or hispanic side of the team anymore. Those questions have been answered and they've been answered big. Adrian Beltre's english is terrible, John Lackey sounds like a muppet and Mike Cameron is a real got damn African American never seen in Fenway since the likes of Pumpsie Green and Reggie Jefferson.

Who knows where the 2010 Redsox will be in October, anything can happen in the game of baseball. But the road to get there will be all that much more fun. And on this day that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ rose from the dead, a team that I believe has been crafted in his ideal image just might too. So let's "play ball" as they say in baseball terms, or as I like to say "hurry up and start the got damn game so it isn't 11 PM and in the 6th inning".

They just said that this is the first ever night game at Fenway........surely that cant be right?

Or did they mean first opening day night game?

Â