What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

Rob's gaff.

Too right mate, decent curry on the night with all the trims, and breakfast next day is Earl Grey, duck eggs, smoked bacon and pork sausage

;-)

Wicked man, I'll bring the whole family, there's a hell of a lot of us though, you sure you can feed us all?

Well, to answer Laura, a home made soup is always fairly impressive, and yet so easy.

At the moment I got a sweetcorn cowder on the go. Just heat up a knob of butter, add a couple of thinly sliced onions, a bit of finely chopped garlic, and say, half a pepper, green or red to add colour, poss 1/2 both if you can. I like to add a fresh chili at this point. Fry til onion til golden, bit o milled black pepper and a pint and a half of veg stock. Add the magic ingredient of a tin of creamed style corn, and a couple fo diced potatoes. Heat till potatos (and a carrot if you like more colour) are soft. Blitz with a blender, and stir in a bit of cream, poss a bit more pepper and a green herb or twoof your choice if you really like colour, and bobs your uncle, a slightly spicy thick warming, filing colourful soup, that costs pennies.

Can't you just buy 2 tomatoes?

Yes perhaps bad example.... Eggs... You get the idea though...

If you just want two eggs, you need to hand around outside a supermarket and ask someone going in if they will buy a whole pack and sell you two when they come out.

Can't you just buy 2 tomatoes?

Yes perhaps bad example.... Eggs... You get the idea though...

If you just want two eggs, you need to hand around outside a supermarket and ask someone going in if they will buy a whole pack and sell you two when they come out.

and not seem like a weirdo.

Difficult.

• 3 weeks later...
That looks ace mate.

I've just had a Tikka Masala take out, it tasted like cats vomit.

Hahahha :-)

make yer own, it's easier than you'd think

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, and check yer local Asian supermarket - I found these poppadoms today

poppadoms_002c66.jpg

By far the best I've ever had and thats in 25 years of Indian grub munching

Ruby Poppadoms!

• 4 weeks later...
Â