The 1990s Aston Villa mailing list

mjmooney

On 09/07/2019 at 16:39, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds unbelievable nowadays . 

I used to play fantasy football via Royal Mail in the 90's and I imagine I'm not the only one on here. 

There were hundreds of doormats bracing themselves for transfer bids all over the country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I used to play fantasy football via Royal Mail in the 90's and I imagine I'm not the only one on here. 

There were hundreds of doormats bracing themselves for transfer bids all over the country.

I spent my paper round money calling someone across the UK from a BT phone box to wheel and deal some transfers, then selotape coins down to my game card and hope it made it. M & E sports I think it was called. Found the advert in Match magazine where you could also draw and colour in your own kit design. Sounds pants but it was so good at the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Is that the one where you had a weekly match report of your team and then had to choose the strategy and substitutions a week in advance? God that brings back memories. I was Derby County as Villa were already taken. Had a soft spot for them ever since

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I used to do the Daily Star one back in the 90s.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello fellers (if anyone is still listening!),

I assembled the mailing list archive archive into a sort-of database format and distributed it to those who asked for it several years ago.

It's still on my system.

If anyone (from the old list) would like a copy please mail me via https://www.lerwill-life.org.uk/mailform.htm

BTW, 'Malcolm' (Malcolm Everall) passed away in 2013 I think. I had a good respect for him actually - a knowledgeable feller about a few useful things.

Cheers and UTV

John (Lerwill)

Â