The "List"

Richard

Shopping at Waitrose or Lidl today Sir?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Shopping at Waitrose or Lidl today Sir?

• List A
    • List B

Which list do you think we are currently working off.

LIST A

DOL's first choice players he wants to take the club forward

or

LIST B

DOL's second choice not players he would have picked if he had a REAL choice but players he is making do with

seems a bit obvious this one Trickie?

If DOL had any genuine money ay his disposal he would not be going for freebies and bargain basement players.

He is clearly aware that since Bruce's departure the "promised" funds have disappeared.

LIST A left the club in Langham's back pocket.

some people would convince themselves that us signing the Binman from down the street would mean Champions League.

I've yet to be particularly excited by any signing so far, although i was happy with the purchase of Taylor.

I think we know it now.

Why buy squad fillers like he is doing?

Why not buy better quality players to take us forward and let last seasons regulars be the squad fillers?

I think we know it now.

Why buy squad fillers like he is doing?

Why not buy better quality players to take us forward and let last seasons regulars be the squad fillers?

I don't think we do. No evidence = not knowing.

Maybe DOL rates these players as good bargins who will give some real competition to his first XI and leave him enough money for a big-un? I dunno, because like you, I'm just guessing.

At the risk of repeating myself......

We have realistic bids on the table for Bellamy and Distin (allegedly). Those are unarguably to my mind "better quality players".

Do you want us to stop signing anyone else until we have signed those two?

What more do you want us as a club to do?

DOL said enough money for 4 quality players. If that was still the case then I'm betting we wouldn't have signed the players we currently have.

Maybe he does consider these good bargains to give competition to his first 11, but what better bargains than the players he currently has with four quality players coming into the team straight off?

To answer your question Dave, I want and would have prefered for us to sign the 4 quality players that the funds now gave DOL an opportunity to buy that would take this club forward.

If DOL is the man I think he is (and his performance as our manager suggests he is) then I do not believe that he feels the players signed so far fall into that category

Maybe he does consider these good bargains to give competition to his first 11,

There you go, you just answered your own question.

For what its worth, I don't think we have much more than the 7m quoted for Distin. Which would take us to £10m spent on the summer, should that money materialise. I'd be happy with that.

Or maybe he considers Phillips and Berger to be proven quality players and Hughes and Taylor to be unproven quality players?

Maybe he rates Phillip higher than Angel or Vassell?

Maybe he rates Berger higher than Barry or Hendrie?

Maybe he rates Hughes as better than De la Cruz or Delaney?

I trust O'Leary's view of what is deemed as quality over yours or mine.

With over 2 months of the transfer window remaining lets make rash judgements and slag off the work already done and dismiss the chances of any more being done.

And yes im obviously deluded and dont understand the facts that elevates Richard to a superior being amongst Villa fans.

There you go, you just answered your own question.

FFS I was using your quote in my response!!!!!!!!!¬!

craigyh - stick with those thoughts!!

If you look at who we've signed, they're all kinda replacements for who's been shown the door and we still have the two bids for Bellamy and Distin on the table(!)

DOL has said all along he wants to build up the squad - it'd be pointless if we go into next season with the same sized squad.... I can see it now - DOL giving an aftermatch interview "they're a great bunch of lads etc etc"

I still think we can pull something special out of the hat with a 'quality' player!

it's still way too early to start having a go at the club - at least we're filling the gaps left by Hitz, Cole etc etc

If DOL is the man I think he is (and his performance as our manager suggests he is) then I do not believe that he feels the players signed so far fall into that category

And I think you are underestimating the players we have signed. Not world beaters no, but we were never going to sign Ronaldo where we? No matter how much money we throw at them, they wouldn't want to come here.

And yes im obviously deluded and dont understand the facts that elevates Richard to a superior being amongst Villa fans.

Think you need to seriously calm down a bit.

I am a Villa fan expressing an opinion. One you may not agree with but an opinion nevertheless.

Â