The "List"

Richard

Shopping at Waitrose or Lidl today Sir?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Shopping at Waitrose or Lidl today Sir?

• List A
    • List B

If DOL is the man I think he is (and his performance as our manager suggests he is) then I do not believe that he feels the players signed so far fall into that category

And I think you are underestimating the players we have signed. Not world beaters no, but we were never going to sign Ronaldo where we? No matter how much money we throw at them, they wouldn't want to come here.

So do you think they are the "four quality players required to take this club forward that were beyond our reach before the transfer funds materialised" ?????????

Maybe he does consider these good bargains to give competition to his first 11,

There you go, you just answered your own question.

FFS I was using your quote in my response!!!!!!!!!¬!

Yes, but my answer the the question that followed (but what better bargains than the players he currently has with four quality players coming into the team straight off?) would have been 'maybe he does concider these good bargins to give competition to his first X1'. The same answer to your previous question (Why not buy better quality players to take us forward and let last seasons regulars be the squad fillers?)

We could go round in circles for an hour or two if you like..... :roll:

If DOL is the man I think he is (and his performance as our manager suggests he is) then I do not believe that he feels the players signed so far fall into that category

And I think you are underestimating the players we have signed. Not world beaters no, but we were never going to sign Ronaldo where we? No matter how much money we throw at them, they wouldn't want to come here.

So do you think they are the "four quality players required to take this club forward that were beyond our reach before the transfer funds materialised" ?????????

That realy depends on who else we sign doesn't it?

I still think it's a little early to say although I find it unlikely that these are the quality talked about, it's posible that as we have such a small squad, he is adding to it and then going for quality, although the players alreaady signed are of a good quality they won't be automatic first team choices (with the exception of Hughes) so we need a little more but as many have said, there are two months still to go

Until you understand the question.

Do you think these players are the quality additions that will go straight into the first team, or just provide competition?

Do you think these players are the quality additions that will go straight into the first team, or just provide competition?

If you're asking me would I put any of them in the first XI? Taylor and Hughes definitely, Phillips has an outside chance. Berger will have an impact either from the bench or against cirtain teams.

What will O'Leary do? I have no idea. Where any of these players first choice on his list? Maybe. I haven't seen the list.

So we are agreed that they are not the 4 top quality signings previously beyond our reach that would take the club forward?

Next question. Does anyone think that we'll be getting this mythical four this summer? Cause that will make 8 players in

So do you think that we'll end up with 8 or 9 players in?

Think? No.

Possible? Yes.

Under an Elies regime :shock:

that would go aginst all previous Elies history and thinking.

I'd just give it up if I was you Rich. I have.

No it doesn't. Phillips and Berger were always going to be Villa players from January before DOL was promised the windfall so they do not fall into the '4 top quality players that were previously out of our reach' category. If the other 2 are in that category (and I can't see why Hughes would ever have been out of our reach but that's beside the point) then there must be 2 left. So IF Hughes and Taylor were on our list, then there must be 2 left. However, if Hughes and Taylor were on the list I doubt I'll be excited by the remaining 2 that are on the list if they are anything to go by ! No offence to either, but they don't stir the imagination.

Hughes, & Berger will unquestionably go straight in I reckon.

In addition, I reckon Phillips will be a surprise inclusion at either Angel's or Vassel's expense (whichever one fails to shine in pre-season)

Taylor will be on the bench.

To me they are significant improvements on what we had on the first game of last season (cole, delaney and hendrie).

He is clearly aware that since Bruce's departure the "promised" funds have disappeared.

We won't know this till August 31st. Until then you and Dick are just guessing.

dont_do_it_doug,

Until then you are just HOPING!

DDID, there's a whole paragraph there explaining why I think it doesn't. At least do me the decency of either quoting it properly or giving a response to it. To take the first sentence and give a 3 word response with a question mark isn't really sensible debate (3 cuz 'errr' isn't a word). Although it is becoming the done thing in here recently.

DDID, there's a whole paragraph there explaining why I think it doesn't. At least do me the decency of either quoting it properly or giving a response to it. To take the first sentence and give a 3 word response with a question mark isn't really sensible debate (3 cuz 'errr' isn't a word). Although it is becoming the done thing in here recently.

Ok.....

Phillips and Berger were always going to be Villa players from January before DOL was promised the windfall so they do not fall into the '4 top quality players that were previously out of our reach' category. If the other 2 are in that category (and I can't see why Hughes would ever have been out of our reach but that's beside the point) then there must be 2 left. So IF Hughes and Taylor were on our list, then there must be 2 left. However, if Hughes and Taylor were on the list I doubt I'll be excited by the remaining 2 that are on the list if they are anything to go by ! No offence to either, but they don't stir the imagination.

If's, but's and maybe's. The only fact is that there are 2 months left of the transfer window. I'm not sure if any of them are off O'Leary's origional list, only man who could tell you that would be O'Leary.

I'd give a longer response, but I'm not sure what you want me to say.

That answer is fine :) I just get frustrated when I put effort into a response only for a tiny fraction of it to be used in an effortless riposte. I'm not just aiming this at you btw. As I said, it is happening more and more in here.

Â