The pitch

MaVilla

Anyone else think they were just killing time shifting piles of sand around for a few days just so it looks like they did enough work to justify the no doubt massive bill?

Just now, sidcow said:

Anyone else think they were just killing time shifting piles of sand around for a few days just so it looks like they did enough work to justify the no doubt massive bill?

That's kind of what I was implying haha

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Weird how they don’t seem to take up the old grass, just put sand and soil straight over the top.

I thought that at first but it's the speed, there is a turf removal machine scraping off the turf, but at that speed it just looks like it's laying sand. 

Edit, no you are right, it's just laying sand onto the old pitch.  My tablet has a clearer picture than my works computer screen which is weird. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought that at first but it's the speed, there is a turf removal machine scraping off the turf, but at that speed it just looks like it's laying sand. 

Edit, no you are right, it's just laying sand onto the old pitch.  My tablet has a clearer picture than my works computer screen which is weird. 

I thought the same at first, that they were just taking it up bit by bit, but it does seem like they just put the sand straight over the top. I’m not a groundsmen by any means though, so perhaps that’s standard practice. 

Â