after match

Tartanhibee

Ive joined the site as 5 off my mate and I are heading to Birmingham for the game v West Brom next Saturday. 

I'm looking for info on where people think is best to go pre and post match. We are are heading down from Edinburgh on the Friday night so are good for a early start on the Saturday. We are all Hibernian  fans bar one Aberdeen fan so hopefully get to see John McGinn. 

Thanks in advance for any help 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tartanhibee said:

Ive joined the site as 5 off my mate and I are heading to Birmingham for the game v West Brom next Saturday. 

I'm looking for info on where people think is best to go pre and post match. We are are heading down from Edinburgh on the Friday night so are good for a early start on the Saturday. We are all Hibernian  fans bar one Aberdeen fan so hopefully get to see John McGinn. 

Fair play to you all. I hope the result is a good one for you.

Broad Street has many nice pubs and bars and fellow Villans that live closer to Villa than me would be able to give you better indepth details than I can offer.

Out of interest, what's made you come down to a Villa game (besides the obvious McGinn connection).  :thumb:

Do you want football pubs near ground or just town pubs? 

Boozers all over town will have villa in, or there’s Aston tavern or Aston social near the ground, but they’ll be rammed. 

Great game to come down for fair play! Enjoy, UTV!

Edited by spiezels

On 14/02/2019 at 17:18, Tartanhibee said:

Are you staying city centre? How old are your group? What do you like? 

A lot of the pubs near the ground have shut in recent years. There is the Aston social down the road from the ground, never been in but it always looks packed, but if you want a guarantee for match atmosphere pre and post match, that’ll be the place. City centre wise, the Duke Wellington on Bennets hill is always busy match day. There’s no official pub city centre wise for fans.

For the evening if you are over 25, I’d avoid broad street, as it’s kiddie central. The bars around colmore row/ bennets hill area are much nicer (there are a few streets to venture) 

Unless you are all in your early 20s and enjoy a good punch up I would avoid Broad Street at all costs. 

If you like Ale I would suggest city centre The Wellington or The Old Contemptibles.  Then definitely visit the amazing Bartons Arms a short taxi ride from the ground, a completely stunning pub in an otherwise pretty dry area. 

If you're hipster types head for The Jewellery quarter but I would imagine there will be lots of Baggies around there. 

If you like expensive smart bars there are loads around Temple Street which is very near to New Street. 

Also there are 2 proper boozers right near New Street Station, The Shakespeare an The Trocadero both on Temple Street. 

Thinking about it you can find traditional boozers, smart expensive bars and a Wetherspoons in Temple Street and parallel Bennetts Hill, it's got something to offer for most people in that little rectangle. 

And apologies for the state of New Street.  For the main street in the centre of England's Second City the council have let it get into a right shocking state, looks more like something in a dying town. 

Edited by sidcow

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

If you're hipster types head for The Jewellery quarter but I would imagine there will be lots of Baggies around there

You have just contradicted yourself in the same sentence!

• Haha 1

Â