Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, villalad21 said:

Such a convenient excuse when things aren't going well.

Wonder what people on here would say when Jack is back and we're still not performing. "We mistt Axel" "Jack is not fit yet"

I’ve said many times that if we are still shit when Jack is back ill be the first to say I think Smith isn’t the right man for the job. 

If the results do turn for us I wonder if you will be able to admit how much we miss Jack or will you still be constantly bitching and moaning about Smith?   Only time will tell.

24 minutes ago, Fazilla said:

Perhaps you would have preferred the Bruce approach of throwing on as many forwards as possible in the vain hope that one of them scores.  His subs included a forward and two midfield players.  That hardly suggests somebody who is a coward. It is a manager who has inherited players who are not capable of playing the way that he wants.

Good managers can adapt,  the players aren't capable of playing the way he wants to so surely the fact he keeps trying to make them play that way even though it's not working and it isn't going to work is a stupid thing to do and it could be viewed that Smith is a limited manager.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only time will tell.

I can agree with that.

But i got to say, tactically i have not been impressed with Smith. Only one way in playing, no plan b whatsoever when things doesn't work.

We have 2 of the best strikers in the league, it's really a shame we won't ever see a potentially 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 with Kodjia and Abraham up front.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can agree with that.

But i got to say, tactically i have not been impressed with Smith. Only one way in playing, no plan b whatsoever when things doesn't work.

We have 2 of the best strikers in the league, it's really a shame we won't ever see a potentially 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 with Kodjia and Abraham up front.

Kodija is a shadow of the player he was before his injury. I think we should sell him as soon as we can. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kodija is a shadow of the player he was before his injury. I think we should sell him as soon as we can. 

Rashford was a shadow of the player people thought he were under Mourinho also and look what happened when he is used in his natural position. It's not rocket science.

Kodjia is a centre forward not a winger.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Rashford was a shadow of the player people thought he were under Mourinho also and look what happened when he is used in his natural position. It's not rocket science.

Kodjia is a centre forward not a winger.

He was centre forward until Abraham joined and even though he scored the odd goal he looked crap. The guy has lost his pace. He is not going to get that back from playing up front. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

11 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Good managers can adapt,  the players aren't capable of playing the way he wants to so surely the fact he keeps trying to make them play that way even though it's not working and it isn't going to work is a stupid thing to do and it could be viewed that Smith is a limited manager.

Second half against reading we weren't playing in a Smith style at all, we were going back to front as fast as possible, going long from the keeper, not playing out from the back and not playing possession. He said himself it was a tactical switch second half so you cant say he isn't prepared to change it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Such a convenient excuse when things aren't going well.

Wonder what people on here would say when Jack is back and if we're still not performing. "We miss Axel" "Jack is not fit yet"

What are you on about? 

With Jack and Axel in the team we went on a great run against the leagues top teams, they get injured and our form dips. 

It's not an excuse. 

17 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Shit managers keep chopping and changing until either something finally works or they get sacked. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

What are you on about? 

With Jack and Axel in the team we went on a great run against the leagues top teams, they get injured and our form dips. 

It's not an excuse. 

Spurs lost Kane and Son, but they just keep going getting results.

Every team gets injuries mate its not a valid excuse i am sorry, not buying it. We will see once Jack and Axel get's back if things will change.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shit managers keep chopping and changing until either something finally works or they get sacked. 

But constantly doing something that isn't working is even worse.  what's that saying The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs lost Kane and Son, but they just keep going getting results.

Every team gets injuries mate its not a valid excuse i am sorry, not buying it. We will see once Jack and Axel get's back if things will change.

Whilst it’s ridiculous you are comparing us to the current third best team in the country you even managed to contradict yourself when doing that mate! 

Spurs have played 3 games without Kane and Son. They scraped  1 win against the 19th place team and lost the other 2 getting knocked out of 2 cups in the process.

Yep, just keep getting results ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

But constantly doing something that isn't working is even worse.  what's that saying The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I disagree. I prefer a manager that believes that what they are doing will come good rather than one that runs out of ideas and begins a process of trial and error.  

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst it’s ridiculous you are comparing us to the current third best team in the country you even managed to contradict yourself when doing that mate! 

Spurs have played 3 games without Kane and Son. They scraped  1 win against the 19th place team and lost the other 2 getting knocked out of 2 cups. 

Yep, just keep getting results ;)

Pocchetino have never prioritized the cups, ever.

Fact is they are winning games in the league without their best players, not complaining about injuries they just get on with it. Leeds had major injuries on key players this season as well, they didn't crumble.

Injuries happen to every teams, and it's not a valid excuse.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Fact is they are winning games in the league without their best players, not complaining about injuries they just get on with it. Leeds had major injuries on key players this season as well, they didn't crumble.

But they won one without kane and Son as only played one!! If Son hadnt returned they wouldn’t have won the second two games because he scored crucial goals in both! 

City lost 3 in a row when Fernandinho got injured. Yes it shouldn’t be an excuse but you can’t downplay how much losing big players affects ANY team! The proof is staring you in the face yet you don’t want to admit it because you have it in for Smith and won’t give the guy a chance!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Well they managed 2 wins in 8 when Hernandez was out and my mate who is a Leeds fan has admited he is their most important player and had he not returned their is not a chance they would be challenging for automatic promotion. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well they managed 2 wins in 8 when Hernandez was out and my mate who is a Leeds fan has admited he is their most important player and had he not returned their is not a chance they would be challenging for automatic promotion. 

You're missing the point.

Every teams get injuries, you just have to get on with it.

Don't use it as an excuse cause injuries is generally the same for everyone.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You're missing the point.

Every teams get injuries, you just have to get on with it.

Don't use it as an excuse cause injuries is generally the same for everyone.

You just tried to give 2 examples of teams continuing to win games without key player in Leeds and Spurs and I corrected you with both. Yet i’m missing the point! 

I give up!🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You just tried to give 2 examples of teams continuing to win games without key player in Leeds and Spurs and I corrected you with both. Yet i’m missing the point! 

Spurs 3 wins in a row in the league without key players, how have you corrected me there?

Leeds had a shaky period as of late but i wouldn't excuse that to injuries. I remember when we played them and a friend of mine who is a Leeds fan said they had loads of injuries even back then especially in defense, but i remember them dominating us that game and they are still at the top of the table or am i wrong?

Edited by villalad21

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Spurs 3 wins in a row in the league without key players, how have you corrected me there?

Leeds had a shaky period as of late but i wouldn't excuse that to injuries. I remember when we played them and a friend of mine who is a Leeds fan said they have loads of injuries especially in defense, but i remember them dominating us that game and they are still at the top of the table or am i wrong?

You are wrong. They are second. 

You said spurs managed to carry on winning games without Kane AND Son. They won one without those players because they only played one. They scraped that too. 

With Leeds I wasn’t just talking about key players I was talking about their most important player as Jack is to us. Hernandez missed 8 games and they only managed to win 2 in that time. A record similar to us without Jack. (2 wins in 9).

Jack is crucial to us. He was last year and he is this year. It’s not an excuse it’s a fact!

Im done with this now. We’re not going to agree mate. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â