What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Bought these tonight to get me started on the thanksgiving festivites:

samadams.jpg

Had the winter ale at Chillis tonight, very nice. Boston Ale is the first one ive had so far, very nice!

Anybody ever had that Italian beer on the left? Birra Morreti? it was in the local supermarket.

Moretti is OK (IIRC it's owned by Heineken)... bog-standard lager, but since it's imported it tends to be pricier than domestics (unless you happen to find a store that got conned by a salesman into buying a pallet of it and is putting it on clearance). It's lot in life (at least Stateside) is in pizzerias for those who don't like Peroni.

Moretti is OK (IIRC it's owned by Heineken)... bog-standard lager, but since it's imported it tends to be pricier than domestics (unless you happen to find a store that got conned by a salesman into buying a pallet of it and is putting it on clearance). It's lot in life (at least Stateside) is in pizzerias for those who don't like Peroni.

I put the perroni back for this, im a take it over to my mates to watch the chelski game tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that I highly recommend the Long Shot Double IPA. 10% abv, but the alcohol really sneaks up on you.

Basically Sam Adams had a contest for homebrewers to get their beers brewed and sold by Sam Adams. This one is from Mike McDole of California.

It's been 90 minutes or so since I last had one, and I just sniffed the bottle for the hoppy aroma... stunningly good.

Next up: the Traditional Bock...

I must say that I highly recommend the Long Shot Double IPA. 10% abv, but the alcohol really sneaks up on you.

Basically Sam Adams had a contest for homebrewers to get their beers brewed and sold by Sam Adams. This one is from Mike McDole of California.

It's been 90 minutes or so since I last had one, and I just sniffed the bottle for the hoppy aroma... stunningly good.

Next up: the Traditional Bock...

Thats pretty cool, where do you get all these beers from Levi? The sotres here are pants for good unique brews.

Now that I'm working Up North, one of the compensations is a much more developed beer culture (thanks to the half of Franklin County aka South Vermont that are hippies... the others being hillbillies).

Ryan & Casey Liquors looks like a blue-collar old-school packie, but the beer selection is amazing (and where I picked up tonight's goodies).

I want to go to The People's Pint at some point.

Coming back with beer like this makes the 45-minute commute worth it.

Now that I'm working Up North, one of the compensations is a much more developed beer culture (thanks to the half of Franklin County aka South Vermont that are hippies... the others being hillbillies).

Ryan & Casey Liquors looks like a blue-collar old-school packie, but the beer selection is amazing (and where I picked up tonight's goodies).

I want to go to The People's Pint at some point.

Coming back with beer like this makes the 45-minute commute worth it.

That Farmer Brown from peoples pint sounds luvvly jubbly.

The first out of the Winter Classics pack is a new brew... the Coastal Wheat

Hazy and Golden in color, this brew is a fresh twist on the popular Hefeweizen style. Eureka and Lisbon lemons from three growing regions in California balance out the wheat malt character, resulting in a crisp and refreshing wheat ale with subtle lemon flavor. Cheers!

Meh... not as good as the Summer Ale (and I have to wonder why they included this summery beer in the Winter Classics pack... perhaps they're tweaking the recipe?)

Â