"I had killed a man... a man who looked like me"

Faces milling round like cars

Look across the tables, they're there in the piss-stained bars

Faces milling round like cars

Make me believe I'm not going to die, for that I'd gladly give you something

Familiar faces milling around like cars on the slimey street

To all those who answered they would take the money, if someone offered you a million pounds whn you were 8 years old but you had to give up your dad and never see him again, would you do it?

Of course not, so how could you knowingly do that to two other little kids? It's pretty sick if you ask me. There's a few people i'm surprised at and have gone right down in my estimation. Exactly the kind of self centrered greed that can make this world such a shitty place.

To all those who answered they would take the money, if someone offered you a million pounds whn you were 8 years old but you had to give up your dad and never see him again, would you do it?

Of course not, so how could you knowingly do that to two other little kids? It's pretty sick if you ask me. There's a few people i'm surprised at and have gone right down in my estimation. Exactly the kind of self centrered greed that can make this world such a shitty place.

119101EKMJ_w.jpg

I think this is a great question.

I would say that there are a few sub questions:

Can you value human life in monetary terms?

If you can what level do you set the value at?

How responsible are you for things that happen indirectly as a result of your actions?

How far can you take cause and effect?

Could you possibly be responsible for a coincidental outcome (even if it was certain)?

I think one of the most pertinent points raised was how would you feel if you didn't take the money and the chap suffered the same fate as if you had taken it.

I certainly don't see it as sick to suggest that you'd take the money.

Also, what happens if you don't take it? Is there a queue for your table? I.e. is this question going to be asked over and over again until the poor bugger dies?

FWIW, I wouldn't take the money regardless of the amount £1 to £100 million.

Though, probably, I wouldn't take it because I'd be just be crying into my pint at the dilemma - forever. :(

Yes, insurance companies do it every day, so do the NHS. If the drug is too expensive it doesn't get rolled out despite life saving potential. I wouldn't want to be the bean counter who makes that call.

Yes, insurance companies do it every day, so do the NHS. If the drug is too expensive it doesn't get rolled out despite life saving potential. I wouldn't want to be the bean counter who makes that call.

Ok. Sorry, I should have chosen my words slightly more carefully. :)

Should you value human life in monetary terms?

'Ere - be careful about being disparaging about accountants, will you (the bean counter remark). I used to be one.

Actually, no, scratch that. Be as disparaging as you wish - from a former accountant (part-qualified and saw the light before it was too late).

Or is it something that you should be visiting the anonymous confessions thread for?

According to some I'm an MI5 agent so it would be fairly obvious which confessions were mine in said thread

You're not doing very well at keeping quiet about it if you are. :lol:

Or perhaps it's the double bluff - 'if I'm that open about it, they'll never believe it's true' sort of thing?

Im shocked too, I would never do it because I know that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the money. I know a few people that are millionaires and to be honest they aren't any happier than the rest of us in fact a couple are quite sad eg ones son got heavily involved in drugs while running his dads nightclub and was dead by 35.

This sort of thing makes me think though, eg whien I was on holiday in India a couple of years ago I went shopping with my dad to some exclusive watch shops where you could get Rados, Rolexs and Omegas, my dad must have had a bag full of cash that is literally more money than some indians would earn in their entire life. Would they kill you for it? A poll like this tells me that they would if they knew what was in the bag.

bollocks to you, why on earth would he be killed just because I took the money? :roll:

I ain't falling for that nonsense cos no way a sod is gonna get run over by a freakin car cos I took money that didn't belong to me, if he got killed by a car it's for other reasons.. bollocks to you I'm taking the money! :P

Â