Birmingham Pubs/Bars

Stevo985

It's a while since I've watched football in Birmingham's pubs or bars, but I'll be venturing out with some mates to watch this one for sure.

Any recommendations for a decent pub or bar to watch the game? We'll probably be going early for some grub too, so somewhere with a decent meal would be preferable

I find it quite difficult to find decent places to go to in Brum to watch football.

Snobs is probably my favourite
Penny Blacks in the Mailbox is half decent but incredibly expensive
Then there's places up Broad Street which I try to avoid but they have a lot of screens and are good for football.
Or the Troc if you're feeling cheap :D 

• Like 1

If you’re near the jewellery quarter, I had a decent meal at the lord clifden when watching the recent game against Hull.

Also in the jewellery quarter, I haven’t eaten there but the red lion looked like it would be alright.

Closer to the city centre, maybe try the old contemptibles?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I find it quite difficult to find decent places to go to in Brum to watch football.

Snobs is probably my favourite
Penny Blacks in the Mailbox is half decent but incredibly expensive
Then there's places up Broad Street which I try to avoid but they have a lot of screens and are good for football.
Or the Troc if you're feeling cheap :D 

Penny Blacks was my suggestion. Been there to watch a game before and was decent. Thanks

36 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you’re near the jewellery quarter, I had a decent meal at the lord clifden when watching the recent game against Hull.

Also in the jewellery quarter, I haven’t eaten there but the red lion looked like it would be alright.

Closer to the city centre, maybe try the old contemptibles?

Funnily enough I think we've quickly settled on the Lord Clifden. I didn't realise they showed sport there.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Funnily enough I think we've quickly settled on the Lord Clifden. I didn't realise they showed sport there.

Yeah they’ve got a couple of rooms which will have it on. I’m pretty sure there’s an outside area too that has screens.

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah they’ve got a couple of rooms which will have it on. I’m pretty sure there’s an outside area too that has screens.

Lovely. That may well be our destination, especially if it's sunny.

Â