Strong City

villab0y

Terry - Do you accept, as it is widely, that great swathes of the Bible (James1 version) are pure fiction, written by priests on instruction for the purposes of fear and rule?

I am a christian and occasionally attend Church of England services.

Terry - Why did you not answer my question ??

Hi Billy,

Bible translations are not much of an issue to me. Men read their favorite version of the bible, but they do not hear the voice of God in their soul. The bible to them has become a dead letter, for they do not want to obey it anyway (Thou shalt not kill, Remember the Sabbath day).

If a man was stranded on a desert island with no bible of any kind, he could still read the Word in the sunset and hear Father in the “still small voice”. I hear God speak in a nursery rhyme and in the call of the coyote echoing through the canyon. I also hear Him in the “pure fiction” that you refer to. The real question is; do you hear God saying “This is my beloved son (Michael) in whom I am well pleased.”? Can you read, understand, and accept that Travesser is the long awaited for return of Christ? This is the living Word, can you hear it?

Come on you cultists.....surely theres more?
Actually, there is.

In Weighed in the Balances, Steven, a former husband of one of the Witnesses, wrote: "The flip of a coin, a toss of the dice, and destiny is fixed. Fate or fortune does transact that quickly. One may not know the consequence of that snap decision, but into the lives of all comes at least one “Golden Opportunity,” one crystal moment in time when clarity gleams for a split second and then - by the turn of a thought - either fades into obscurity or engulfs the heart with light."

I wish you well~

A letter :winkold:

Dear Father,

An update for you on my activities over the past fortnight.

I have had the great pleasure of posting on a forum entitled VillaTalk. Literally, it means house of Aston (or east town) but don't ask me what it is really about - they sound like some sort of weird cult to me. One of them said it was to do with 'soccer' - one of those heathen sports things.

Well, we've tried, Lord - but they won't accept the word of Messiah into their hearts.

We gave them everything:

The Formula 1 parable - how can they not see that an F1 car is like the world and the the bible is the world's Haynes manual (if Haynes were to produce a manual about F1 cars, that is).

The logic of DNA/language/'a mind far greater than we could imagine'.

We tried to get on side by agreeing with majority opinion on Iraq.

We tried to sound reasonable by allowing for the existence of dinosaurs and tried to not sound like bible-belt creationist loons.

It didn't work, though. All they have done is not believed and mocked. Yes, mocked. But of course we are not worried as this is just further proof of the Truth.

Were not Noah, Moses and Jesus mocked? And as we have seen, possessing one or more similar traits means that two things are the same (see DNA/Language for clarification of the PROOF).

I expect to see you soon, father, or in a while or just sometime down the road, really - just before the fire and brimstone consume the earth.

One thing about which I am slightly concerned - do you have enough room for all 48 of us up there?

I remain your servant,

One of the (self-)chosen.

or perhaps that's how it might go.

I've got to hand it to you snowy, except for the last line about the 48, it is the first reasonable thing you've posted since I've been on this thread. You are not blind, just stubborn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, "higher education" destroys knowledge, governments destroy freedom, corporate media destroys information, and religions destroy the voice of God.

I've got to hand it to you snowy, except for the last line about the 48, it is the first reasonable thing you've posted since I've been on this thread.

Can I take it that you still don't get irony over the pond, then? :winkold:

Will you be linking to my post from your website? :lol:

Whatamatta you, Snowycrap, you run outta things to say that require even minimal cerebral activity? Well, actually of all I've read that you wrote, none was really needed. But then, some people's only real talent is spitting into the wind.

Yes, Terry, it is likely the most reasonable thing he's written, which proves the possibility of that theoretical postulation by T. H. Huxley that an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters actually might script out Shakespeare’s King Lear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those who dance, appear insane to those who cannot hear the music.

Whatamatta you, Snowycrap, you run outta things to say that require even minimal cerebral activity? Well, actually of all I've read that you wrote, none was really needed. But then, some people's only real talent is spitting into the wind.

Jolly good. :lol:

I think the standard phrase is pissing in the wind or are you required to tone that down.

Is the weak city theme now just to chuck out insults about the cerebral activity required to say something or read something.

Ooh, look what I did there. I altered the name of something/somebody in order to have a go at something humorous.

'snowycrap' . :crylaugh:

In your style : shaddup you face. :winkold:

No, really, it's always good to hear enlightened viewpoints such as yours. :D

BrilloPad,

I wonder why you felt it necessary to insult me when you clearly are not on the strong city wavelength ? I refer to your reliance upon the monkeys theory (no foundation for the attribution btw and the Lear aspect is novel).

Was it just to be argumentative or are you in the habit of joining a forum in order to effect single post unconstructive criticism?

OK - so I haven't looked at this thread for a while cos I just thought it was a debate about some cult. Now it is up at 30 odd pages.

Am I right in thinking that somehow word has got back to wherever that some chaps were taking the piss, and that the troops have rallied in force? It's just I can't be bothered to read all of the pages.

Ta.