Phone contract advice

Jimzk5

Mods please move if needed

My 2 year contract with O2 finished in December last year, I'd already decided to go sim to only and switched to Tesco, in November I phoned O2 and told them to stop the contract at the end of the 2 year term, I was told it would cease on December 11th when my final payment was taken, after this was taken I cancelled to direct debit.

Today I got a £75 bill for January and February, I phoned customer services and they told me they had no record of me phoning them to end the contract, after arguing that I phoned them they said they would look into it but with no record of any call being made there wouldn't be much I could do other than pay up and end the contract now?

Any way I can fight this without ruining my credit score? 

If you can find out the name of their CEO, and email them, and CC in their executive office. If you can, get hold of your bill from the phone you used to ring up and cancel, and include a copy of that, and an outline of the conversation you had, during the call. Chances are there will be a recording of that call somewhere, so make sure to ask them to check that. If that doesn't resole it, get in touch with Ofcom. 

10 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I no longer have the SIM card, as I went to Tesco mobile I got a new number so got rid off of my old sim, 

Your call history is in your phone, not your SIM.

16 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

When you cancelled, did you ask for the line to be disconnected, or did you get a PAC code to take your number with you?

This is true if you wanted to keep your existing number you would need the Pac code. If you didn't they would not have cancelled it.

Usually you receive a letter as well telling you of final bill 

Surely you have evidence on your bill of the call you made to them? If u can find that on your old bill all they have to do is look at date and time and they will find that call as calls are recorded.

Ensure you get compensation from them also for the stress and incovienance its caused you.

Â