75 members have voted

1. 1. Have you bought AVTV/VillaWorld?

• Yes, I love it!
    • Yes, it's ok..
    • No...never will..
    • No...perhaps I will..

but to say "NEVER" will??

boggles me

Boggle away. I can't view any of the content. Of the options available NEVER is my only choice. Why would I say PERHAPS - that would mean I was considering giving my money to PremiumTV for nothing.

I have voted never because I feel it should be free to season ticket holders or fans with a proven ticket record (you know bought so many during the season). Football is an expensive hobby, add up how much momey you spend in the ground and on merchandise on top of your season ticket (x2 in my case) and that's a hell of a lot of cash I spend on the club.

Maybe an idea would be to give season ticket holders a villa specific credit card that can only be used in club outlets (food at VP/merchandise from Villa shop/Away tickets/extra tickets etc). You then get rewards based on how much you have spent on the card, free AVTV being one of the rewards.

Well just an idea..

EDIT - I know they do a normal villa credit card but the card is not villa specific nor are the rewards. Just like any other credit card really just with a villa badge on it.

I have voted never because I feel it should be free to season ticket holders or fans with a proven ticket record (you know bought so many during the season). Football is an expensive hobby, add up how much momey you spend in the ground and on merchandise on top of your season ticket (x2 in my case) and that's a hell of a lot of cash I spend on the club.

Maybe an idea would be to give season ticket holders a villa specific credit card that can only be used in club outlets (food at VP/merchandise from Villa shop/Away tickets/extra tickets etc). You then get rewards based on how much you have spent on the card, free AVTV being one of the rewards.

Well just an idea..

EDIT - I know they do a normal villa credit card but the card is not villa specific nor are the rewards. Just like any other credit card really just with a villa badge on it.

try putting that idea to the general

I've been a subscriber since it's inception basicly, maybe 3-4 years I forget.

Being stuck in New Jersey, it's great to be able to fall back on something if I can't get P2P going, or one of the channels over here isn't showing it.

Right now through Direct TV I'm paying $15 for Setanta (Which is excellent btw) and a sports package which includes the Fox Soccer Channel for $30. We usually get to see the live sky games and 1 or 2 of the PPV matches. (Villa have been on quite a lot actually, wasn't last Saturday our first away game kickoff at 3pm?)

In essence the reason for my posting the fees for the channels is that I would much rather give this money a month to Aston Villa to be able to watch the game live from the website.

I'm not sure what the views of other foreign based Villa fans are, but my view is that it's not so much cost as being able to watch our team play.

I've been a subscriber since it's inception basicly, maybe 3-4 years I forget.

Being stuck in New Jersey, it's great to be able to fall back on something if I can't get P2P going, or one of the channels over here isn't showing it.

Right now through Direct TV I'm paying $15 for Setanta (Which is excellent btw) and a sports package which includes the Fox Soccer Channel for $30. We usually get to see the live sky games and 1 or 2 of the PPV matches. (Villa have been on quite a lot actually, wasn't last Saturday our first away game kickoff at 3pm?)

In essence the reason for my posting the fees for the channels is that I would much rather give this money a month to Aston Villa to be able to watch the game live from the website.

I'm not sure what the views of other foreign based Villa fans are, but my view is that it's not so much cost as being able to watch our team play.

Agreed. Unfortunately my cable provider doesn;t carry Setanta so I'm **** there. I'm a FSC aficionado, watch it 24/7. I check the program listings weeks ahead of time (when you were able to) to find out if they were airing Villa matches. Sometimes they piss me off though. Like today they could be showing the Villa match live but instead they are showing a damn replay of the Blackburn-Fulham match, nonsense! They've shown that game 4 times since it was aired live! Anyways, at least my money is going to AVFC, I'm getting live audio commentary if I can't get live video on P2P, and I can see the highlights within 24 hours rather then waiting for some youtube post.

As for some of you that won't ever buy it, that's fine. I agree if you are a STH then you should get AVTV for free, it only makes sense. And I'll add this, I use Mozilla and I've been watching AVTV with it..so that kinda blows that argument outta the water..

Cheers, UTV SOTC and let's hope for a good result at Ewood today.

Â