Playlists

bickster

As much as I still buy a lot of music in physical format, mainly vinyl, I do find subscribing to streaming service useful. I use Spotify, mainly for being out and about and in the car. A long time ago we used to have this big collaborative VT playlist which people added to but that was a bit messy and a lot of skipping was required. I do however like creating playlists (must be my inner DJ coming out). It's also fairly easy to share playlists, so why not have a topic where you can share your playlists.

You'll obviously have to say which streaming service the playlist is for, it will also have to be made public. Give a brief description of what the playlist is and provide a link

• Like 1

OK, Starter for 10, October 2017 Uncut Magazine has a top 33 (go figure!) Jack White Songs article, so here's the full 33. I do these now and again so I can listen along as I read the article. Listed in the order the magazine listed them which appears to be in chronological order of release.

This playlist will not be added to or developed.

• Like 2

Good idea for a thread. I'll be keenly watching!

Is Spotify generally better for this than Google Music (for example)?

Google has these playlists but I struggle to find what I'm after on there and when I do they're often not very accurate. 

At the start of the year, I started a playlist for all the new releases I liked from this year. It currently stands at 128 songs, has songs added and deleted as I go along. Any changes will halt on Dec 31st 2017 as I'll start a new list the following day for next year. Best played on shuffle this one I think. I have posted this elsewhere on VT but it belongs in here now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Good idea for a thread. I'll be keenly watching!

Is Spotify generally better for this than Google Music (for example)?

Google has these playlists but I struggle to find what I'm after on there and when I do they're often not very accurate. 

Tbh, I have no idea, I use Spotify because I can pay via Paypal. Can't really comment on the others as I've never used them

Just now, bickster said:

Tbh, I have no idea, I use Spotify because I can pay via Paypal. Can't really comment on the others as I've never used them

Fair enough. Maybe there's someone here who has used both?

(fyi you can pay with paypal on Google as well now).

I might try Spotify for a couple of months and see how I get on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I used Google Music about 4 years ago, it might have moved on - but I think Spotify is better. But 4 years is a long time ago and it could have improved, I just found it didn't always have what I wanted. No issues with Spotify so far.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm a novice with Spotify (there's lots I haven't bothered doing yet) but can confirm that, as a service that streams music for you, it's ace.

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Nope....lost me there.

but the other one - your playlist for all the new releases you liked. tis good.

A lot of the time he grates, sometimes he doesn't. Kind of just did the playlist to read the article. Wouldnt call myself a fan by any means

New album out a few days ago so I decided I needed a career spanning Mogwai playlist for the car tonight

48 tracks, sort of chronological picking bits out of most major releases and its about 4 hrs 30 min long

It's possibly best played in order as some of the tracks probably need to be next to each other

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Â