American Fridge Freezers

omariqy

Thinking of getting one. Prices range from £500 to £2,000. I have no idea what is good and what is not. My budget is £1,200 but I have no idea where to start. Space and reliability are probably the most important things. Anyone got any experience of them and willing to share their knowledge?!

Nice, however in the last 3 months two work colleagues have had a Samsung American Freezer break with the same issue and been declared beyond economic repair by their insurance company. Both paid nearly £2000 and were offered around £800 to replace them.

On 6/24/2017 at 13:23, Brumerican said:

You can get a full height larder fridge and full height larder freezer for under a grand. That would give you 1200mm instead of the 900mm for an AFF.

Thanks mate. I visited a local currys at the weekend and actually came to the same conclusion. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 22:17, Genie said:

My in-laws have one, it's surprisingly small inside considering how big it is plus it makes a right racket.

I've looked at the net capacity compared to a normal fridge freezer and although you would expect them to have more given their size, they do have much more capacity when compared to the normal type.

Â