Gran Turismo Sport

Straggler

Daily Races look a bit shit AGAIN this week.

Race A and Race B are both One Makes.

Race A and Race C are both on the same **** track (Fuji Speedway) 

And Race B is the Nordschleiffe, which will be tricky (but might give me an opportunity to learn the track for once)

I **** up the last FIA Manufacturer's race again but...

image.png.86dbc5dc080694bc906358ba113e14ee.png

1st in the West Midlands again for the FIA season :D

I'm assuming nobody **** plays it in the West Midlands!

Notice the guy I was racing with the other day won the entire thing (TRL_AUGH). No wonder he spanked me.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Daily Races look a bit shit AGAIN this week.

Race A and Race B are both One Makes.

Race A and Race C are both on the same **** track (Fuji Speedway) 

And Race B is the Nordschleiffe, which will be tricky (but might give me an opportunity to learn the track for once)

I take this back.

Race A isn't a one make. It's GR4

Race A and C are on the same track but very slightly different layouts (Race C basically has two small hairpins added to make it a bit more technical)

I did my first FIA race, came 5th :) (which I was happy about as it had an S, 2 A's and a B and I'm a D)

Could have come 4th but I crashed on lap 22 and had to nurse the car home

And my game seems fixed.... (say it very quietly)

Also I'm now SR S :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I did my first FIA race, came 5th :) (which I was happy about as it had an S, 2 A's and a B and I'm a D)

Could have come 4th but I crashed on lap 22 and had to nurse the car home

And my game seems fixed.... (say it very quietly)

Also I'm now SR S :) 

I reckon if you do a string of daily races and FIA races now you'll get a fair few victories. You've done so much practice with us that you'll be higher than a D in reality.

The FIA races are usually matched purely on DR and SR (not speed) so it's unusual that you had S ranks and A ranks in your race. If you manage to try another one and get matched with a load of D's you'll probably do well and it will be a huge SR and DR boost.

Just be wary of tyre wear, fuel and damage in the FIA races. Fuel doesn't seem to be an issue this season, they're focusing on tyres again. But the manufacturers races especially are heavy on tyre wear.

@Stevo985 I see you lurking so I have a question.

I was 4th for ages in the race, because the guy who was 4th pitted.

Clearly he put on new tires. Does tire wear have that much of an impact? He was half a second faster than me every lap (and overtook me against after about 10 laps)

EDIT: Replied before your reply!

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

@Stevo985 I see you lurking so I have a question.

I was 4th for ages in the race, because the guy who was 4th pitted.

Clearly he put on new tires. Does tire wear have that much of an impact? He was half a second faster than me every lap (and overtook me against after about 10 laps)

EDIT: Replied before your reply!

Yeah it can have a huge effect depending on the track and cars and tyre wear.

I didn't do that race but it was a lot of fast corners so tyres will be important.

In the Manufacturer's races at the moment tyres are set to 13x wear a lot of the time. So essentially one extra lap is equivalent to a real car doing 13.
It makes a massive difference when it's set up like that. Which is why the tyre strategy is so important at the moment for the FIA races

Close to calling it a day with this.  Doesn't matter how much I practice I can't get a decent time on Fuji. Can't win a race (never have) stuck on driver rating D. It's just not fun anymore.

I'm barely playing the daily races anymore.

Didn't play them at all last week and I think I've done two this week.

I spend my time either racing with you lot or practising for the FIA races.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

It's a little more heartening that you guys are struggling too bearing in mind you're better at it than me!!

It can be a grind sometimes.

I think they've had a bad couple of weeks of daily races. Having Fuji as two of the daily races seems stupid to me, but some people clamour for the new tracks when they're released so it probably has the demand.

I'd like to see a couple of old favourites back for the next week. A couple of races on Kyoto or Dragonside or something would be great. I really want a daily race that I can sit and have 3 or 4 goes at in a row and know that 1. I have a chance of doing well and 2. my SR isn't going to plummet.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2nd place in the F1 FIA race today.

Not the most exciting race but pleased with it.
Last two laps I went into full bottle mode but luckily I was far ahead enough for it not to matter :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Daily races look good this week, hope I can play them.

Yes they do, only just looked. A and B are two of my favourite tracks. Alsace Village and Kyoto Driving Park. Although Kyoto is reverse so not sure how that will affect it. They seem to be going through a phase of doing tracks in reverse at the moment. Not sure I see the point. They have enough tracks to do a normal rotation!
Both FIA races this week are tracks in reverse.

Alsace will depend on what car is used as it's a one make. My app doesn't show me :(

Same with Daily Race C. I suspect it might be the F1 car again as lap times seem to be just over a minute. That's quick!

Again two one make races as daily races though. That's a bit annoying.

Edited by Stevo985

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes they do, only just looked. A and B are two of my favourite tracks. Alsace Village and Kyoto Driving Park. Although Kyoto is reverse so not sure how that will affect it. They seem to be going through a phase of doing tracks in reverse at the moment. Not sure I see the point. They have enough tracks to do a normal rotation!
Both FIA races this week are tracks in reverse.

Alsace will depend on what car is used as it's a one make. My app doesn't show me :(

Same with Daily Race C. I suspect it might be the F1 car again as lap times seem to be just over a minute. That's quick!

Again two one make races as daily races though. That's a bit annoying.

The one makes being anywhere from shit to good all depend on the car

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The one makes being anywhere from shit to good all depend on the car

Yeah exactly.

Weirdly the apps and websites, including the official Gran Turismo one, that give you info on the daily races never actually tell you which car it is that you have to use. 

They did a one make on Alsace Village before with an Alfa Romeo (can't remember which one exactly) but it was brilliant.
The only bad thing about Daily Race A is the SR. it's usually an SR dump. One bit of contact is enough for a negative SR.

Â