Horse Racing: UK Flats

Kingman

On 15 July 2017 at 15:40, Rugeley Villa said:

:thumb: great run by Harry Angel. My favourite horse at the moment and again gives me another win.

Got me out of a bit of trouble TBH, 

I did the AoB double with Carravagio and the one that won in the previous race, had a few quid coming back should carra have won so offset some of the potential returns on a saver with H.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Got me out of a bit of trouble TBH, 

I did the AoB double with Carravagio and the one that won in the previous race, had a few quid coming back should carra have won so offset some of the potential returns on a saver with H.

:thumb: 

Harry Angel is as good a horse as Caravaggio. He's certainly faster.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

:thumb: 

Harry Angel is as good a horse as Caravaggio. He's certainly faster.

Yeah hope they will be locking horns at Goodwood in a few weeks time.

27 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah hope they will be locking horns at Goodwood in a few weeks time.

Horns? I didn't realise they were unicorns :)

Looks like Churchill v Ribchester in the Sussex Stakes. I think the older colt will slay the Ballydoyle 3yo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Looks like Churchill v Ribchester in the Sussex Stakes. I think the older colt will slay the Ballydoyle 3yo. 

Yeah, Highland Reel, Big Orange, Ribchester, Winter.

Currently around 30/1 for the Fourfold, Doubles upwards me thinks! 

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ribchester all the way.

Star Foot 9/1 Market Rasen 

E/W Treble 

Spark plug, Newbury

Maggies Angel, Newbury

Midnight Shot, Market Rasen

its worth noting Midnight Shot is 14/1 and is in good form.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Drama at Yarmouth as impostor wins wrong race at odds of 50-1

Controversy reigned at Yarmouth when it was discovered that the Charlie McBride-trained Mandarin Princess, winner of the opening two-year-old race, was in fact stablemate Millie's Kiss.

The mistake was only discovered after the 50-1 outsider had overturned the 4-6 hotpot Fyre Cay on her racecourse debut in the six-furlong novice auction stakes for juveniles.

Millie's Kiss, a three-year-old with plenty of racecourse experience, was due to run in the nine-furlong handicap later on the card but was subsequently withdrawn.

A report issued by the British Horseracing Authority said: "The stewards held an inquiry to consider the circumstances surrounding the identification of the winner, Mandarin Princess, trained by Philip (Charlie) McBride, which was presented at the sampling unit for routine testing.

"The scan identified the horse to be Millie's Kiss, the trainer's other runner in race four.

"They interviewed the trainer, the stable groom, the veterinary officer and the equine welfare integrity officer responsible for the sampling unit.

"Having heard their evidence they referred the matter to the head office of the British Horseracing Authority and ordered Millie's Kiss to be withdrawn from race four."

Despite the wrong horse having won the race, the result is set to stand - for the time being.

A host of bookmakers are paying out on second-past-the-post Fyre Cay.

"If you backed Fyre Cay @coral in the Yarmouth mix-up race, you will get paid out. Another fine mess," tweeted Coral spokesman David Stephens.

Paddy Power said: "We are paying out on '2yo!' Mandarin Princess and odds-on 2nd FyreCay in the 140 Yarmouth and voiding all losers."

Sky Bet tweeted: "We are paying out on Mandarin Princess AND Fyre Cay in Yarmouth's 1.40. Take Shelter has been settled as runner-up."

...more on link

Hopfull these EW Multiples today will contribute to next weeks Goodwood funds!..

3.30 Custom Cut 4/1... 3.45 Miss Serious 7/1... 4.00 Johnny Cavagin 10/1... 4.45 Gentlemen Jon 4/1... 5.00 Cross Fire 12/1... 5.15 Bohernagore 20/1...

Edited by Kingman

• 2 weeks later...

2.10 Camelback 10/3... 2.45 Treasuring 11/2... 3.20 September 7/4... 3.55 Central Square 2/1...

At a price!.. 4 30 Reinas Queen 25/1... 5.00 Bibliotheca 10/1... 5.30 Little White Owl 16/1... 

Thank me later!.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Harry Angel done it again :thumb:

Almost put it in a double with Winter but fell asleep. 

Had a nice 12/1 treble today with Carravagio, Ribchester, Varazibad… Would of been a 25/1 fourfold but Ballycasey came 2nd.

• Like 1

Â